cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem of exporing JARs in webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I have made one webdynpro application in which i am using two to three external JARs.As these JARs are not available at server side, I have to export it in my project's EAR file.

For this, ihave checked these JARs in

project property -> Java build Path -> Order and Export

thus it should export these JAR files with my application's EAR file. But when i am rebuilding or creating erchive these JARs are not added in this EAR.

So, at runtime it gives me error saying ClassNotFound Exception.

So, what am i missing in this?

I have also tried manually adding these JARs in EAR file but these JARs are not properly added in it.

So, what can i do for this?

Regards,

Bhavik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharadwaj,

I did as you said. But we can't add External JARs in it. It only allows JARs from existing projects.

How can we add External JARs in this library project?

Thanks,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bharadwaj,

I have solved my problem by adding JARs in EJB. Now when i am deploying EJB on server JARs also go with it.

Now i will check your option too.

Thanks,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Double click on server/provider xml file. Then say add jars and add your jar.go to the project and right click on it and say build library archive. This will give u a .sda file. Right click on the .sda file and deploy it to the J2EE server.

Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Adding external jars then selecting them in your project should work. If thats not working try to deploy the jar in the server.

Select a J2EE server component project and create a library project.Add your jars in this project .Build a deployment archive(.sda) and deploy it in the server.

Restart the server and deploy your application.Check if it works now.

Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharathwaj,

I have a J2EE lib project. But I don't find where to build a deployment archive(.sda).Could you give me some hints about this problem?

Thanks and Best regards

Deyang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vankayala,

I did what you said. But when i deployed this component on server these file are not transfered to Server. I checked WDA file at server side. It doesn't contain any files of my JARs.

Thanks,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kareem,

These JARs are exsiting JARs only given by APACHE.

And which type of package conventions require?

Hi Krish,

I can do that also. But problem is same. In any one component i have to add these JARs and export to WAS.

But problem is in exporting these JARs to server.

Thanks,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik

One Solution to this is Create a development component and in src/packages folder of the component, place all the unziped jars. Expose this package folder as Public part. In public part use Java Package Tree option (select all the files). Build and deploy this component.

Use this component in the your component as used webdynpro component.

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I Think u can add the required Jars to One Component and Deploy the same and add the same Component to the One u want to use.

I Hope this works

With Wishes

Krishna kanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure that the package structure is being preserved in the jar?