cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Adapter and BAPI Commit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody!

In my scenario I post an RFC call to a BAPI (BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE). The call succeeds (empty RETURN parameter, material document numer is returned). However, the resulting material document is not available in MB03 - I assume this is due to a missing COMMIT after the RFC call.

However, our system has SP 18 - and I have read that the RFC adapter is able to add a COMMIT after a successful call automatically starting from SP 14. What confuses me is the fact that the descriptions in the online sources state that I should check the "Extended Mode" checkbox in the RFC adapter config screen and then I should check the "Commit..." option. However, when I set the checkbox for extended parameters, I only get a simple table where I can enter property/value pairs.

Has something gone wrong with the upgrade and my RFC adapter doesn't have SP 18 yet? Or am I doing something wrong?

Regards, Joerg

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have SP 18 as well. And we have a checkbox for "Commit Handling for Single BAPI Calls".

Check Help->Information in the Integration Direcotry to see which SP level your Java Stack has.

Maybe you just patch the ABAP Part.

As well you have to use RFC Client Parameter Advanced Mode.

There is also a Adavaced Mode Checkbox on "RFC Metadata Repository Paramter" There you see only a Table.

Regards,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

Thanks for the reply.

In Integration Directory I checked "Software Build Information" - and the SP-number is "18".

Can I explicitly check the version of the RFC adapter files?

Regards, Joerg

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just updated my post:

You have to use RFC Client Parameter -> Advanced Mode.

There is also a Adavaced Mode Checkbox on "RFC Metadata Repository Paramter" when you use the checkbox "Use Alternative Metadata Repository" There you see only a Table.

So maybe you use the wrong advanced mode?

regards,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

I think I checked the right box. I do not get additional options - just the parameter table.

Regards, Joerg

Former Member
0 Kudos

To check your Adapter Version go to SLD.

Than Technical System Browser.

Technical System Type you choose Exchange Infrastructure.

There you see Adapter Engine on .... select the Application System where the Engine is running.

On Deployed Objects you can select there services.

there you see SAP XI Adapter: RFC with a version 3.0.<b>18</b>20060911124231.0000

regards,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

First of all: Thanx for the excellent guide!

But the result is Strange - I see 3.0.<b>18</b>20061019063723.0000 as the version, so I guess our system really has SP 18. So where are the advanced checkboxes?!?

I think it's best to open an OSS message, now...

Regards, Joerg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joerg,

Check in your Repository if you imported the newest adapter metadata.

Check Software Component SAP BASIS - > SAP BASIS 6.40 -> http://sap.com/xi/XI/System

There Adapterobjects -> Adaptermetadata -> RFC

search after the attribute ..<b>singelBapiCommit</b>

Because you dont see a SP version there.

Maybe its better to search afer the label:

<b>Commit handling for singel BAPI-calls</b>

When you dont find the attribute .. try to reimport your BASIS 6.40 Software Componenent.

Regards,

Robin