cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Content Conversion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am dealing with a File2File scenario where in sender has a header record which consists of Tiltles, Multiple Detail records and a Trailer Record.

Structure Example:

<b>Header, Name, num,Id,City,State......</b>

Detail,david,890,678,Chicago,IL

Detail,avid,891,789,Ny,NY

Detail,vid,893,898,IN,IN

Trailer,3

Now i am writing File content conversion for this scenario. The thing is the receiving System Does'nt require the header Info. So how to ignore Only header info... I wrote Content Conversion for detail records and trailer record.Can any one tell the File Content Conversion parameters... how to ignore the header info..

Any help would be highly appreciated..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can do one thing.....convert incoming file as it is...dont ignore header recored.....in mapping dont map header record to ur target structure(dont create header record..just create details n trailer)....then send this to ur target structure.

Thanks,

Maheshwari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

if u dont need header info,then create the receiver data type in the following fashion

Detail,david,890,678,Chicago,IL

Detail,avid,891,789,Ny,NY

Detail,vid,893,898,IN,IN

Trailer,3

and dont do any mapping for header.

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to ignore the first Record (Header info)only??? Is there any option in the sender file adapter's file content conversion parameters.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

u dont have to select any specific option,just dont map the header info to the receiver message at all,create the receiver message structure as i specified in my last post,u wont have any header field there so no question of mapping.

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

RT,

First of all you have to read the whole file using the sender file adapter communicaiton channel into XI. From there in XI you dont map this header structure. So in sender you will have Header,1,Detail,*,Trailer,1.

In target datatype take only Deatil and Trailer and map these two only. Then your issue should be resolved.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The thing is i have imported Receiver xsd structure into my landscape. So you want me to ignore the sender header info in mapping?? Is it rite?

Secondly in the sample data, it consists of the header info(Titles).... While polling does this adapter consider the header info..

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By browsing other sites, I think in the receiver file adapter in the file content conversion there is an option called " <b>NameA.addHeaderLine = 0</b> "

In my scenario its <b>Header.addHeaderLine = 0</b>...

The above option does it ignore the header line... Let me know?

Thanks