cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with log4j deletion after application is undeployed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been facing a strange problem while using log4j on NetWeaver AS.

Our application includes a utility JAR which contains mostly configuration files. One of these files is log4j.properties. So the structure of the application is -

EAR

|

|----- other jars (EJB and Web)

|

|----- abc.jar

abc.jar-------

|

|---- log4j.properties

|---- other config and properties files

I have deployed this application on NW 04S (AS 7.0) on Windows.

After I undeploy this application, the abc.jar is not deleted and there is lock on this file. I cant even delete it from the explorer. The Admin console says that the "Remove" is complete.

Hence when I try to redeploy the application, the log4j does not get initialized.

There are some references on the net saying that there is such a locking problem for log4j and that is due to some bug in the logging framework. I tried using the following latest jars but the problem still persists -

commons-beanutils-1.7.0.jar

commons-collections-3.2.jar

commons-digester-1.8.jar

commons-logging-1.1.jar

log4j-1.2.14.jar

Any inputs on this will be very useful.

thanks in advance,

Abhijit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Solved the problem. Altough not very elegantly

I placed the log4j.properties in a WAR module under WEB-INF/classes.

It seems that the server is unable to realease the opened stream when the the log4j.properties is in an archive when deployed.

The WAR module is extracted on deployment and hence the stream is released on undeployment and hence everything is cleaned up properly.

Thanks,

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi abhijt,

Try to Undeploying using SDM

You can also undeploy the application using the <b>SDM tool</b>. Launch the tool by running the <b>remotegui.bat</b> from your <b>usr\sap\SID\JC00\SDM\program</b>. Enter your sdm password and then go to the <b>undeployment</b> tab. pick the application you want to undeploy and add it to the right hand pane and follow the steps in the wizard

Check this official SAP link for deployment and undeployment details.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/28/2c3c1bf823204c8370bfacbe54133b/frameset.htm

with regards,

Kanthi