cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager_document URL link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I have uploaded project documents in SOLAR01. If i get into document attributes, i am finding option "generate". If i click on that, message has shown as "URL buffered". But i could not find the URL link for my document.

How to get a URL link for my document?

Thanks

Senthil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

the button works in the same as "Copy&Paste" in Windows applications. With the button you copy the link to the clipboard. You can then paste (CRT+V) it wherever you want (e. g. into a browser address field).

Best regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michel,

Yah..as you said i have copied the URL in browser address field. But i am getting following error message:

Logon Error:

"Logon requires activated single sign-on in this server. This is not the case. Contact your system admin".

How to activate?

Regards

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Senthil,

There is an IMG activity which describes what to do:

Start transaction SPRO and open the SAP Reference IMG

Search for the IMG with title 'Configure Solution Manager Document Display via URL'

Regards,

Thierry

Message was edited by:

Thierry Lieu

sorry double post, Michael already answered the question when i was writing my answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

If you need the documents to be accessed only by authorized users, then you have to activate this SSO in the Web Application server. Is that what you need?

If not, in most of the cases, the document needs to be accessed by all the users in the intranet, even if they dont have an user account in solution manager.

In that case, you have to

create a service user with the role "SAP_SOL_KW_DIS" and

(ii) have to activate the service "/default_host/sap/bc/solman/SolmanDocuments" using the SICF transaction.

Hope it helps.

best regds,

Alagammai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alagammai,

I could not get your answer properly.

To activate SSO, what needs to be done?

Now i have just activated BSP application for Sol Man document ("/default_host/sap/bc/solman/SolmanDocuments). Then in BSP application logon data tab, i provided one user ID.

Now i can view my view documents in Web.

Regards

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,<br>

<br>

Now what you have done is activated the service "/default_host/sap/bc/solman/SolmanDocuments". By doing this, now your documents can be accessed by anybody in the same domain irrespective of whether they have an user account in the solution manager system.<br>

<br>

In case, if you want to restrict the access to users based on SSO, then SSO needs to be activated.<br>

<br>

For that,<br>

<br>

Activate SSL in WAS - for that follow note no. 510007<br>

(ii) Configure WAS as per note no. 612670, so that it will issue SSO logon tickets<br>

<br>

On doing this, whenever you try to open the document using URL, it will provide a secure access to your document.<br>

<br>

All these information you can find in a IMG activity as specified by other SDNers in their replies.<br>

<br>

<B>If your issue is solved, dont forget to reward points to all who have contributed valuable replies and close the thread.</B><br>

<br>

best regds,<br>

Alagammai.<br>

<br>

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I have the the similar problem in SOLMAN4.0.

In SAP trans solar02 I attached some MS Word document, set attributes and create URL("F9"). And I can see this URL in clipboard.

Create Learning Map (trans /nsolar_learning_map).

In Chapter 1, Unit 1 add this document and then push button "Open in Web Browser".

Evrething OK.

The Web page open, I see Chapter1, Unit1 but there are not URL for my document.

How to insert URL on my document in Chapter1, Unit1 for example?

PS I can copy URL on my document in cleapbord, open Explorer and paste this link, then document opening OK.

PS PS In SAP tutor they attached docs automatically for previous releases of SOLMAN just save docs in trans solar02.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Victor,

My understanding of Learning maps was that rather than posting a URL to it, you actually attach the document itself to the learning map and then generate the URL for the learning map in it's entirety.

To make documents available in SOLAR_LEARNING_MAP you need to store or copy them to the Learning Materials Tab within SOLAR02.

You can then pick and choose which documents are relevant from that learning map when building it.

On a different subject, I have just patched our SM system to Patch level 12. Please be aware that you need to re-activate the service mentioned above to turn on the generate URL button within Document attributes.

Regarding the external connectivity to Solution Manager via the services, my understanding was that the services were not accessible to all users unless you set an external alias and default user to the service. Is this not correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

The moment you get the message <i><b>'URL Buffered'</b></i>, just open a<i><b> notepad</b></i> and click on menu<i><b> Edit -> Paste</b></i>. You will get your URL in the notepad. Now use it wherever you want to use.

Hope this helps.

PS If the answer solves your query, plz close the thread by rewarding each reply and marking it Solved.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

there is an IMG activity you need to configure to be able to call documents via an URL called: "Configure Solution Manager Document Display via URL". You'll find it in the "Document Management" sub-tree of the Solution Manager IMG.

Best regards,

Michael