cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service cannot be reached

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All:

I am trying to create an ABAP WEBDYNPRO application.

I am not able to access the layout. It gives the error " Service cannot be reached "

when i try to create UI elements it ( create new ui element ) is not enabled .

Can anybody help.

Rewards will be given to suitable answer.

Arun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

For Web Dynpro ABAP you need,

WAS 7.0

NetWeaver 2004S

Prerequisites:

For Web Dynpro ABAP there are configuration settings for the areas ICM and ICF, as well as for the View Designer.

· HTTP/HTTPS must be set in the ICM (see also Displaying and Changing Services).

· The following configuration prerequisites must be fulfilled:

¡ ICF services must be activated.

If a service is not activated by default, you can activate it from the SAP Implementation Guide (IMG). In transaction SPRO choose Display SAP Reference IMG. The path in the Implementation Guide for SAP NetWeaver is: Application Server ® Internet Communication Framework ® Activate HTTP Services or Activate Services in Installation.

For more information see SAP note 517484.

¡ Administration of (ICF) server functions (authorization assignment): Administration of Server Functions

¡ Administration of (ICF) client functions (creation of RFC destinations, and so on): Administration of Client Functions

· For the layout editor in the View Designer, in addition to the services for Web Dynpro ABAP listed in note 517484, the following services must be activated:

¡ /sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/public/bc/viewdesigner/

¡ /sap/bc/wdvd/

SSO must be set up on the respective application server (see also the security section in the table).

Hope this will help you.

Cheers,

Darshna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darshana:

Thanks a lot ..

I have gone thru the steps mentioned ...

a part of my problem has been solved ..

But still i am getting the error "Error in the ICF node

Specific ICF Nodes in Transaction SICF Must Be Released for the Web Dynpro View Designer

Check the following ICF nodes, as described in note 517484:

/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/public/bc/viewdesigner "

even after activating both of the nodes

/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/public/bc/viewdesigner/

¡ /sap/bc/wdvd/..

could u please help me further..

It throws the exception... " object expected"

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

make sure you've made the configuration settings, especially the active services in SICF, see <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/43/e86de5008b4d9ae10000000a155369/frameset.htm">here</a> and have a look at SAP notes 517484 and 1009930 and 1008689

Regards, Heidi