cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPINST 'space' error on Solaris 10 Zone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am attempting to install a 4.7E X 110 system on Oracle 9 and Solaris 10. I am in the CI phase of the installation and am getting an error in phase "Check/Adapt Filesystem". I'm not sure where - it does not say exactly. But the 3 main areas - /sapmnt , /usr/sap and /oracle all share the same space - "1927165003 blocks" (about 919GB).

This makes no sense for the space check function to be failing. It is possible that the SAPINST is checking the /usr directory at the global level even though it cannot install it there. (We are running a local zone for the server). We have a link set up /usrsap for the /usr/sap folder.

Has anyone ever seen this? Any ideas on how to push this forward? SAPINST does not offer an explicit option for the /usr/sap/ folder.

Points for all helpful answers!!!

Thanks!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Due to Zones are virtualized Solaris 10 environments during the installation the standard Solaris installation problems may occur. For instance, the /home directory is read-only due to the auto-mount feature is enabled by default. This usually causes problems with the installer when creation of the users is required.

The concept of zones includes that the kernel of the host system is used. Therefore other limitations may occur when adapting the OS kernel is required. Also the read-only directories mounted from the global zone may cause problems.

Please read;724713,828268And important 1 zone note also.sorry to say i realy forgot that note number.

--Sreejesh

Answers (0)