Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

release request authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Can u help me assign authorization over this scenario please.

If User A creates a transport request then only he can release it, and User B on the other hand shouldn't be authorized to release User A's request.

how can I achieve this ?

Best regards,

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can acheive this with the authorization object S_TRANSPRT. Create a role with the authorization obejct S_TRANSPRT and give the values for the field activity as create and release, so that the user can only create and release his transport requests only. Please make sure that not to give the activity change under the object S_TRANSPRT. If you give the change authorizations than he can change the owner of the transport request and can release the transport.

Regards,

Bharath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

According to me, create a single change request(customizing and workbench) and create and assign different tasks to the different users.

Give them the authorizations of maintain and release.

This may solve your problem.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bharath,

Thanks for the help. It's working well, but i would like to correct something as well.

I've applied the "change" value to "S_Trasnprt" along with Create, release, and display - It works, so i just wanted to correct that.

• In order to change the username of the owner you need to have "Copy" authorization.

• In order to release other user's request, you need to have "Remove" Authorization. (but do add "Lock" activity to let the user release his own request)

I've checked this using su53. Correct me if im wrong please.

anyway, thanks to both of U !!

Best Regards