cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i have to make a report where i need to print the data on script based on whom the customer delivers. As we do not maintain any master data of the customer whom the customer delivers to in SAP, i think i have to maintain Header text in delivery document and from there it should pick up the data in the script.

but where is the delivery text data stored in SAP.

is my assumption of solving the prob is right?

plz advice.

kumar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anil,

As per my understanding, you want to capture some data of the customer, who is customer to your customer. This is not available in Standard SAP & will require a 'Z' development. The data for this 'Z' will be dependent on your customer to provide the same.

This will be a scenario like XXX vehicle manufacturer has Dealer A, whom XXX is selling vehicles. When this Dealer 'A' is selling the vehicle to his customer 'B', this data is required by XXX for warranty purpose.

As per requirement, you will have to get a 'Z' program developed.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Your understanding of my problem is correct. But my ABAPer is not sure how it will pick up the data of customer B( ur note)

what can i suggest the other alternative is,

we will create the address data of customer B in Header->Text of VL02N and i have to pick up this address data to print in script. is this a feesible one? if yes, where this data is stored( text data of vl02n)

plz suggest any solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Incase the details of the end customer is available while creating sales order, in that case end customer can be created as Ship to party & the address can be captured accordingly. But incase the detail is not not available while creating sales order, then address of ship to party may be same as sold to party & you will not have solution in standard.

You may have to create a separate 'Z' program if required. Incase you are maintaining serial number, in that case you have an initial screen where you enter serial number & it takes you to following screen, which already has the details of the dealer to whom that serial number material is sold. Alternative of Serial number could be Sales Order number. In the main screen i.e after entering serial number, the abaper will have to call a BDC & in this screen we require to have all required field of Account group sold to party & customer is created in background through BDC. These data will be stored in KNA1 of the customer master & you will have to explain the abaper how you perform the transaction & develop a link.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

It would be better if you could clearly explain your issue.

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi venkat.

my ABAPer has to print the address data of the party whom my ship to party is selling. say am the ship to party of a company and inturn am selling the goods to my own customer say X. So this master data of X will not be there in SAP right?

now what i have suggested is, we will capture the address of X in VL01N header text data. now i ll make use of this data to print in the output(script).But am not sure where the header text data of VL01N is stored. if i get this field i can use this field and ask my ABAPer to capture the data from this particular field.

kuamr.