cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

downward compatible SCs

0 Kudos

Hi togehter,

simple question for the most of you:

- are differnt SP-Versions of the NW2004s SCs SAP_BUILDT, SAP_JEE, SAP_JTECHS downward compatible?

- if yes; where can I find this information which SP-Versions are compatible?

- if no; where can I find this information too

Concrete: We want to deploy a SP10 developed SW in a SP12 Runtime.

I know the article <a href="/people/marion.schlotte/blog/2005/10/25/jdi-software-vs-jdi-content Software vs. JDI Content</a>. But it does not give me the exact answer...

Thanks and best regards,

Marco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The JDI client within NWDS and the JDI server software are upward and downward compatible as much as possible. It’s a major feature of JDI, that one central JDI server can support development of various releases. That means that in a typical landscape there will be a lot of different NWDS versions working against the different tracks of one single JDI server. But because this compatibility can’t be guaranteed between arbitrary releases the recommendation is to use a JDI server on the highest available NW release and SP level.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers. This confirmed my suspicion. I found a hint in the

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/03/f6bc3d42f46c33e10000000a11405a/content.htm">developer documentation: Using SAP Components</a>...

Best regards, Marco

Message was edited by:

DeMarco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

note 891223 does not explicitly mention that SP-versions must be the same, but for 6.40 the base SCAs were only available in a single package, thus it was rather obvious that they should be imported together. For 7.00 the note only says that the archives must be downloaded separately.

But as the others already mentioned: you really want to use the same SP version as the target server, especially if you are using Web Dynpro.

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should always make sure that the SP level of the base SCA's in a track reflect the target runtime systems' SP levels. Your JDI itself can be on a totally different SP level. (At my current client, we're even using a NW2004 JDI for NW2004S tracks without any problems).

In the case of Web Dynpro development I would certainly make sure that the base SCA's match the target systems as the Web Dynpro framework is still receiving many changes with every new SP release.