cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating new categories in bugseye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I've got a problem uploading new products to my catalog. It works find when I upload products to existing categories, but when I try to upload products to new categories it fails. I have tried to create the new category before I upload, but it throws the same error. I have even tried to add a new product to the new category manually, but it still creates the same error message.

This is the error message:

Failed to insert item for category: 100465(key=null, name=Frank)

Error: java.sql.SQLException: Item outside users view

Can you help me?

Regards, Anders

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You try upload some data to fields that you can't change (error item outside users view).

In user view you can decide which collumn you can see and if this collumn is ready to update.

Your user don't have permissions to upload this item using this user view.

Regards,

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

How can I change the user's permissions... If I look in the Edit User tab in the bugseye admin tool, the user I am using have all rights... Are there any other places to look?`

Regards, Anders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to export one product from this category into text file or xml and use this one for a template to upload new products.

about user permissions:

to yo users and views tab and edit your user. On tab attribute security you can decide if this attribute is editable (presing edit checkbox)

Regards,

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I have tested the different suggestions from you, but none have solved the problem. I have tested to add a product to a new manually created category, and I get the same error. I have also tried to create a new administrator user, but it also fails with this one. The attribute security is disabled, so I don't think that can be the problem. So, do you have any other suggestions. Is there some log files on the server that I can look at (application or database server)? The strange thing is that this worked for a month ago, creating new categories and upload products, but not now. Any ideas?

Regards, Anders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the log file J2EE bugseye directory
bugseye\root\files\badTXT<numer>.txt

Maybe there are some important informations...

Regards,

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Thanks for your replay. These logfiles did only contain the information that are available in the web interface, so it didn't bring me any further. Any other ideas?

Regards, Anders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anders

I am also experiencing this error - did you ever come up with a solution?

Strangely, the files load fine into Bugseye DEV, but not the PRD version. If I solve it will post here.

Regards

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK. What we had inadvertently done was to add a supplier to our unrestricted 'default' view which is used by the administration user. This had the effect of restrcting the administration user to changes to that particular supplier.

Removed the supplier from the view and all is now working again.

Pretty basic error on our part so I'm not sure if that will help anyone else!

Regards

David

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Which SRM and CCM (BugsEye) versions are you using ?

<b>Please go through the following SAP OSS Notes -></b>

Note 485884 - Information : Requisite eMerge and BugsEye delivery

Note 1043932 - Catalog Component Definitions

Hope this will help.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Thanks for your replay.. I will look into the notes... We are using BugsEye 4.0.0.25

Regards, Anders