cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No alert in alert inbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am working on PI 7.0 SP10. I have configured alert and created alert rules. On testing by running the report RSALERTTEST, i also receive alert in alert inbox and in my eMailbox. But when there is any error in message processing, no alert message is generated. I couldn't see any error message in report RSALERTDISP.

On running the SXMSALERT_LOGREADER in SE38, i got two lines...

Creation of RFC destination failed: 1

Alert not send due to "CREATE_RFC_DEST_FAILED"

Please provide the solution for getting the alerts in my alert inbox.

Thanks,

Vishal Gupta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

<1. Check the RFC destination CentralMonitoring Server - XI Alerts in SM59. Try a remote logon and a test connection.>

How to do this..because in i don't know the name of RFC destination...

<2. Make sure the RFC destination of the alert server is none as pointed by Anand.>

This entry is same.

<3. Check for any dumps in ST22. Make sure that the user id is * . If you get any dumpls dealing with PIRWBUSER does nto have authorizations, regenarete the roles of the PIRIWBUSER.>

I got error..the name of the error is RFC_NO_AUTHORITY and name of the application server is also there.

What to do next?

Thanks,

Vishal

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vishal,

><i><1. Check the RFC destination CentralMonitoring Server - XI Alerts in SM59. Try a remote logon and a test connection.>

How to do this..because in i don't know the name of RFC destination...</i>

The name of the RFC destination in SM 59 will be <b>CentralMonitoring Server - XI Alerts</b>.

><i>I got error..the name of the error is RFC_NO_AUTHORITY and name of the application server is also there.</i>

Check what is the User Id being used in the Above RFC destination. ,( by default it is PIRWBUSER ). Regenerate the roles of this User ID and now Alerts will be triggered.

I have mentioned in my previous reply the same as well, Regenerate the Roles of the User being used in the RFC destination and then alerts willbe triggered.

regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>I got error..the name of the error is RFC_NO_AUTHORITY and name of the application server is also there.

Open RFC destination CentralMonitoringServer-XIAlerts of type 3.

Check the user Id in the log on tab.

Go to SU01. Add the roles to this user Id.

SAP_XI_RWB_SERV_USER

SAP_XI_RWB_SERV_USER_MAIN

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

I have created RFC destination and its working now..

Thanks a lot..

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

I am also facing the same problem but couldn't solve it.

In trx SALRT1, i have selected the RFC Dest. of Alert Server as <i>NONE</i>.

Also I created an RFC "<i>CentralMonitoringServer-XIAlerts</i>" with logon details as PIRWBUSER. The test connection is also successful.

But what is the use of this RFC as i don't specify this RFC anywhere in alert configuration.

Kindly help me resolving this.

Regards,

Chintan Sheth

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to ALRTCATEDEF --> Setting --> RFC destination of Alert Server and make this as NONE.

By default, then the Integration Server would use this RFC destination to trigger the Alert.

Regards

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, Failed to see that you ahve done this,.

In this case, go to ST22 , make the user id as * and then see if there are any dumps.

If yes, does it read something to do with PIRWB user not having any SRFC authorizations? If yes, regenerate the roles of the PIRWB user

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

I already have the RFC destination of Alert Server as NONE.

When i execute the prgrm SXMSALERT_LOGREADER, i receive the below log:

/**************************************************************************************************/

20070529093408,6887830 0 29.05.2007 11:34:08 465AF57B85CB15B2E1000000AC190A54

*Calling Monitoring Server starting new task

20070529093408,7059590 0 29.05.2007 11:34:08 465AF57B85CB15B2E1000000AC190A54

AlertRecords successfully delivered

20070529093408,7068190 0 29.05.2007 11:34:08 465AF57B85CB15B2E1000000AC190A54

*Error records received from IE on host API2DEV (sysid: AXD client: 710 ). Try to send Alert...

20070529093408,7108340 0 29.05.2007 11:34:08 465AF57B85CB15B2E1000000AC190A54

*Find rule for (From::BS_MDM:RouteMaster_I2_MDM:http://<cmpnyname>.com/xi/mdm To::BS_I2GBU:RouteMaster_I2_GBU:http://<cmpnyname>.com/xi/mdm)

20070529093408,7466090 0 29.05.2007 11:34:08 465AF57B85CB15B2E1000000AC190A54

• Alert Category CUST_XI_CAT_01 in rule Alert_01 not yet confirmed. Skip creation of new Alert.

/***************************************************************************************************/

I do not receive any alert in the Alert Inbox. But when i run the prgrm RSALERTTEST, i do receive the test alert.

Regards,

Chintan Sheth

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chinthan

Open your Alert Rule in RWB and then deslectr the option "Suppress Multiple Alerts of this Rule" and the alert will now be triggered.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a ton Bhavesh !!!!

I deselected the option and solved the problem.

Also is it possible to get alerts for the adapter errors?

Regards,

Chintan Sheth

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

><i>Also is it possible to get alerts for the adapter errors?</i>

If you are SP 14 or above , yes you can.!

Regards

Bhavesh

PS : Raise a separate thread for any questions that might arise. This way you will get better responses as not many people are gonna look into a "Solved Problem" thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Yes it is the same system and i have entered NONE in RFC destination.

Basically the alert should be generated whenever there is any error in Integration Engine. When i check message monitoring there is system error while i didn't receive any alert in inbox.

Any other clue...

Thanks,

Vishal

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vishal,

1. Check the RFC destination CentralMonitoring Server - XI Alerts in SM59. Try a remote logon and a test connection.

2. Make sure the RFC destination of the alert server is none as pointed by Anand.

3. Check for any dumps in ST22. Make sure that the user id is * . If you get any dumpls dealing with PIRWBUSER does nto have authorizations, regenarete the roles of the PIRIWBUSER.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any other clue friends...

Thanks,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no alert in SLG1.

Thanks,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal;

As per my last reply blog do you have the report configured to send out alerts and teh roles defined??

Mudit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Are you triggering alerts from the same SAP XI system or another SAP instance like R3. If it is the same system please check SALRT1 transaction has RFC destination as NONE. If it is a different SAP instance you need to enter the corresponding RFC destination.

Thanks,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have created the alert rule correctly..because on testing by running the report RSALERTTEST, i also receive alert in alert inbox and in my eMailbox.

PIRWBUSER is also not locked and Alert configuration was correct due to the above reason.

any other clue..

Thanks,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ;

Refer this

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/0b4580be-0601-0010-d3ad-bd6ce51a...

It will help you solve your prob.

Mudit

Award points if it helps

former_member335553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

check SLG1,did it mention that alerts triggered by user PIRWBUSER or your user id?

former_member335553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1. check if PIRWBUSER is unlocked in SU01?

2. Make sure ur alert configuration is properly done

there was a note from bhavesh in one ofthe threads

<i>Adding a quick note here, the report needs to be schduled only if you are below SP 14 on XI 3.0 . If SP 14 or above the tips in Michal's blog are no longer relevant as XI 3.0 SP 14 onwards XI alert framewrok was decoupled from End to End Monitoring</i>.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ;

Have you defined rules in runtime workbench for the alert defined by you??

Mudit

Awart points if it helps