cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update existing iview using par file in NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all, sorry if question is very silly but I am starting to work with NWDI and I didn't find any clear documentation about this. I am reading help.sap.com NWDI documents but they are not very clear for my point of view.

This is my issue:

- I have an iview working in my EP 6.0.

- I want to upgrade it doing some changes using Developer Studio and NWDI.

- I have configured all NWDI infrastructure (SC, Track, etc…). Additionally, I have Portal Development Server as J2EE engine in my Dev Studio.

- I created the Development component using a par file of my iview ( New DC - Enterprise Portal - Portal Application Module) and including existing .par file.

- I do changes in iview (some text in a page)

- I follow process to upload the code: Save code - Build - Checkin - Activate - Deploy.

I suppose this involves new version of iview is uploaded to Development Portal Server and new text has to appear in the ivew preview. But it doesn't work.

Any idea? Am I doing some wrong?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are using the wrong DC type. You need to use Portal Application Standalone.

Portal Application Module does not have a deployable result (no SDA), whereas Portal Application Standalone does.

Message was edited by:

Pascal Willemsen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pascal,

I have created the Development Component in the way you suggested but the new text doesn't appear in the iview preview.

I have confirmed in the CMS this activity has been deployed in Development becuase I have it as "Waiting for import" in the Consolidation tab.

Please, note that I already have this iview in my portal and it was deployed directly in the System Administration page. My understand is when I do the deploy in NWDI the existing iView has to be updated automatically.

Do you think my understand is correct? Do I have to do any additional task?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Portal Runtime sometimes does not reload updated portal components. You have two options to tackle this:

1. Restart the Portal application (irj)

2. Remove the involved Portal component using the Portal Administration Console and then redeploy it.