0 Kudos

hai all,

in material determination is it possible

1. if i give that X should be swapped to Y ,and i have

1.A

2.B

3.C

as alternative materials, if i want that if stock of material y is not there,

is it possible for system to automatically determine A, and if material A does not havfe enough stock to fulfill with material B.

2. correct me if iam wrong

if MRP indicator is set to the material Y (here) , will the system transfer the

requirments to planning and go for the next alternative ?

regards

sriram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

as it is possible to replace the one material with another by maintaining the Condition records in tcode VB11.

Create the condition records for all the material in ur case x with y

y with A

A with B.

Hope this will help.

Regarding ur second question yes for all the check it will transfer the requirement but pl check whether the MRP view is set to for that material or not.

Hope this will help.

All both of ur requirement r very well possible.

Thanks

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Goto t.code OVRQ and in Strategy field put 'A' .In sales order the system will show alternative materials and their stock.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai,

my requirement is that if i dont want alternate materials to appear on the screen,

if i want that i can do that in strategy, but i want the outcome to differ depending upon

the availability of my materials

regards

sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sriram,

Let me make sure I understand your requirement correctly.

Step 1. X should always be swapped with Y.

Step 2. Y should be replaced by A, B or C (depending on the availability).

Solution for the above requirement -

You will have two material determination happening. So create determination record 1 for X -> Y with substitution reason code 0001 (Automatic replacement) with no startegy and no outcome.

Then goto OVRQ, create new substitution reason (0010, lets say) and have the following setting. Select B as the outcome and ignore all other entries (including strategy).

Now create material determination record 2: Y -> A and with substitution reason code "0010". Then double click on the line item, and enter other possible options i.e., B and C. And select MRP for one of the lines, this field is used to raise MRP if none of A, B & C is available as of RDD.

I know this works because I implemented it at my client's site.

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai naren

thank you for ur reply

i want to understand if i check the MRP field in condition record will

the TOR happen for the checked material and if it is unavialable the

requirments are transfered an d the next available material is picked,

am i right or wrong ?

regards

sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sriram,

MRP indicator on material record only comes in play when none of the alternate materails maintianed are available. So, lets say you have maintained ur record like this -

Substitution reason = 0010

Y --> A MRP ticked

--> B MRP not ticked

--> C MRP not ticked

Now if A is not present in STOCK, B is available, then the MRP doesn't matter as the order will be fullfilled by B. If A & B is not available then order is fullfilled with C (if available). Now, last case if nothing is available, requirement will be generated for A (as that has the MRP indicator). Now instead of A if it was present for C then at order level you will see C will come as the secondary line.

I hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai

naren

thank you naren ,for ur answer .

points given.

regards

sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

I think this can be done through choosing an appropriate "Proposed Reason". Pls try choosing 0004 as the proposed reason. Though I have not tested it with multiple material, this may be a possibility.

Regards,

Mani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani & Kasturba.,

I am sorry to say i tried working both of your logic and it didnt work out,If you really worked and satified the requirement please say ,

Thanks & Regards

Narayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram.,

For your first quostion as far as i know we need to use userexit

REWARD id helpfukll

Thanks & Regards

Narayana