cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Individual f4 help for single cell.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hie every1,

I need seperate f4 help for every cell in a column,as in the f4 help should give different o/p's for every cell and should not be common with any cell of that column.So i have to fetch the data for f4 help from different dictionary for every cell.

I m sure you can give me some hint on how to go about it.

thnx and regards.....

Vinit.B.Mehta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

S-H
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinit,

You want to have seperate F4 help for every cell in a column. You can achive this functionality using OVS.

If we have associated/used the OVS for the attribute/the column. When user selects the F4 in a particular cell then OVS event will be fired. In the OVS event method of cell you can find in which cell the F4 is triggered (i.e. you can also get that element's data of the F4 pressed cell). In the event method you can check the data which user has already selected in the column by reading the context (which is bound to the column) and preprate the OVS values and set it to the attribute.

You can also find the information about OVS in the below links:

Best regards,

Suresh

Yashpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinit ,

can u write in more detail about ur query ? what is the criteria ur are following to differentiate which different dictonary u are going to use for every cell etc..?

Regards

Yashpal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Yashpal,

Thnx for the reply....wel i need a unique f4 help for every single cell as in,in my previous task i had performed a f4 help for a column...say flight number,so evry cellin that column wil give me the same o/p for f4 help.Now,i need a seperate f4 help for a single cell in that column,it should give me a different o/p from that of other cells in that column.May be m takin a different data alltogather from a diffrnt table..

I hope m clear now....

Waiting for your reply...

Thnx and regards....

Vinit.B.Mehta

Yashpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vineet ,

Suresh has given u a perfect solution for ur query .

Regards,

Yashpal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vineet,

According to my knowledge OVS won't work for us and there is no solution for that. I can provide some alternative solution like take an extra column and place the icon like F4 help beside you column and whenever you press this icon pick the lead selection information and display the result in the pop-up and the user will select something. I think way you can try it out But if OVS works that that is the best solution but as per my knowledge OVS will give the F4 hlep for the total column only not for the individual cell.

Warm Regards,

Vijay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vineet,

You should use the freely programmed F4 help for this particular column.

See this link to SAP help: <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/5d/395e4254139041e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm">Input help</a>. With the freely used F4 help you can provide every imaginable F4 help you want ( as long as you can create it! ).

Good luck!

Jos