cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS SP09 TO SP11 Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We created some webdynpro applications using NWDS SP09. They were working fine. Last week we upgraded NWDS to SP11 (Both NWDS and J2EE engine are on SP11). Now, the same applications are giving errors in the generated code.

The most predominant error is the following:

The method createMappedAttribute(String, String) in the type GCIContext is not applicable for the arguments (String, String, boolean)

This happens in the generated code, I cannot change it.

Any thoughts on this one.

Thanks.

kapil

PS : NWDS is using 1.4.2_07 JRE.

Message was edited by: kapil sharma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do a complete rebuild of the project such that the code generators are run again. Additionally, you might try "Repair -> Project structure and classpath".

This should solve the problem.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Armin,

I rebuild the project and also tried "Repair - Project structure and classpath".

But still got the following errors:

The method createMappedAttribute(String, String) in the type GCIContext is not applicable for the arguments (String, String, boolean).

Please suggest me some other approach. In the worst case, we will have to revert back to the SP09.

Thanks.

PS : One observation : If we do a DC build then it builds fine, but if we do a project build for the same DC it gives the above error.

Also, Our JDI is on SP9

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is a version problem.

You cannot run an application that is build with <b>newer </b>code generation on an older runtime because the newer code generator might create code that is not available in the older runtime.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Armin,

Here is the version scenario that we are using :

NWDS is SP11

JDI is SP09

J2EE is SP11

Can we build a project using the above combination.

In our case we get the error 'The method createMappedAttribute(String, String) in the type GCIContext is not applicable for the arguments (String, String, boolean)' if we try to build a project. however, the DC build works fine.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

With NWDS SP9 this scenario should work, so perhaps it would be easiest to use an SP9 NWDS.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

But our central J2EE server is SP11, so this might cause some mismatch.

Do you think we should upgrade JDI to SP11 also? Will it help?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No problem, you can always run applications built with older NWDS on a newer runtime.

Upgrading all components to SP11 will also solve the problem.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Armin,

I was trying to convince our basis guys to upgrade the JDI to SP11, but they will not do it unless there is some official SAP document stating that JDI also has to be on SP11 if we are to use SP11 NWDS and J2EE.

Can you please let me know if there is any official SAP document regarding this.

Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil,

I have been facing the same problem for sometime. I think there is a bug in SP11. Sometimes linktoaction UI element also throws exception.

I am not sure if there is any solution to this bug but i think we can avoid this error by trying to avoid linkto action.

Just replace it with some other elements and try.

That will solve ur problem temporarily. (There is one more UI element which causes problem.. i will chk and tel u !)

Regards

Bharathwaj