cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt on idoc to idoc communication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm new to XI, for IDOC to IDOC communication i had gone through several blogs provided in forums & i have general doubts plz clarify them as briefly as possible & as many as u can.

1.In idoc to idoc communication for transferring idoc from sap syst to xi ,at first we have to register sender syst to sld & then log on to sender syst create rfc dest,port,..etc ?at very first step what we have to do configure sld or any other?

2.syst error ack, app ack are sent back to sender by default ? or we have to configure receiver(i.e target syst) with msg type "ALEAUD".

3.if we maintain one SLD for DEV,CON,prodis it necessary to transport tech syst & b.syst details to "CON"or we have to transport only configured objects to "con" by maintainingb.syst groups & transport targets?

4.I'm using same IDOC on sender side & receiver side.After maintaining sender syst & on integ server

SM59: RFC dest for sender syst.

IDX!:creating port to get idoc metadata from send

IDX2: maintaining IDOC metadata.

Now doubt arises here for pushing idoc from xi to target sap syt,what steps to be done?

my assumption is

1.create RFC destination for target on integ server.

2.enter this on receiver comm channel.

3.is it necessary to go through IDX1 & IDX2 again?

4.on receiver syst same configuration to be done for sender syst (i.e sm59,we21,we21,bd54(for log syst creation for receiver).

Plz as many quest as u can answer them & i'm in need of answers to the quest.

points will be rewarded & many regards for responses.

Regards,

Smitha Roy.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 1.In idoc to idoc communication for

> transferring idoc from sap syst to xi ,at first we

> have to register sender syst to sld & then log on to

> sender syst create rfc dest,port,..etc ?at very

> first step what we have to do configure sld or any

> other?

No order. You can do the XI part first SLD , IR and IR and then move on to the SAP system to trigger the idoc etc. Depends on the authorizations you have etc.

> 3.if we maintain one SLD for DEV,CON,prodis

> it necessary to transport tech syst & b.syst

> details to "CON"or we have to transport only

> configured objects to "con" by maintainingb.syst

> groups & transport targets?

Depends on your landscape. If your have a single SLD, then you do not need to tranport Business System at the SLD level. Just create the QA tech and Busss System's. If separate SLD's, then you need to tranport the Dev Tech and Buss System from the Dev SLD to the QA Sld at the SLD Level.

> 4.I'm using same IDOC on sender side &

> receiver side.After maintaining sender syst & on

> integ server

> M59: RFC dest for sender syst.

> IDX!:creating port to get idoc metadata from send

This is optional. Not a mandatory step while a Idoc is sent from a SAP system to XI.

> IDX2: maintaining IDOC metadata.

> Now doubt arises here for pushing idoc from xi to

> target sap syt,what steps to be done?

> my assumption is

> 1.create RFC destination for target on integ

> server.

> 2.enter this on receiver comm channel.

> 3.is it necessary to go through IDX1 & IDX2 again?

This is mandatory when XI needs to post an Idoc to a SAP system.

> 4.on receiver syst same configuration to be

> done for sender syst (i.e sm59,we21,we21,bd54(for

> log syst creation for receiver).

On receiver SAP system no need to create port in We21 and RFC destination in SM50, create partner profile in we20 and Logical system in BD54.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Actually i'm out of station for 2 days so couldn't check at my replys

& sorry for all as i had delayed for awarding points to all who replied me.

I had gone through ur answer but a little bit doubt >>while sending same IDOC from sender to receiver on IS what steps had to be done?

My assumption is

1.we have to create rfc destination pointing to receiver syst.

2.on IDX! & IDX2 is it necessary to create port & to load IDOC metadata as already we had done for sender.

>> when we use single sld as u said T>S and B.S should not be transferred & we have to transfer only IR & ID objects to CON syst using CMS.

Plz kindly reply to this questions.

Regards,

Smitha.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Smitha,

Aplogies. I had thought that your interface was a Idoc to file.

For an IDOC - XI - Idoc Scenario,

on XI you will need the RFC destination pointing to Receiver R3 system and Port in IDx1 poiting to Receiver R3 system.

><i>on IDX! & IDX2 is it necessary to create port & to load IDOC metadata as already we had done for sender.</i>

You needto create a Port for the Receiver R3 system. The Idoc metadata improting in IDx2 is not mandatory and it happens by deafult at RunTime if the metadata has not been loaded manually.

><i>when we use single sld as u said T>S and B.S should not be transferred & we have to transfer only IR & ID objects to CON syst using CMS.</i>

My answer was with respect to File transports. Have not worked with CMS based transports.

If you talk of file based transports , as you are using a Single SLD all you will need is to create the Business System for QA on the same SLD and create the transport Targets on the SLD, ie. which Dev business system is to be mapped to which QA Business Systems.

You export the ID objects from Dev and import it in the QA ID and if transport targets are done correct, the Business System mappings happen automatically.

All this is for File based transports, CMS am not sure how it is done.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member529475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Smitha

1. Yes you have to configure the sld.

2. Alerts can be used for acknowledgements . Refer the below blogs for reference

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide

3. import and export of objects can be used for transporting of objects. You have 2 options

1)File Transports

You have to export from one server and import into target server....

a)IR(You can find the exported .tpz file here)

to export

Usr/sap/XID/sys/global/xi/repository_server/export

to import from export file

Usr/sap/XID/sys/global/xi/repository_server/import

b)ID(You can find the exported .tpz file here)

to export

Usr/sap/XID/sys/global/xi/integration_server/export

to import

Usr/sap/XID/sys/global/xi/integration_server/import

Cheers..

Vasu

<u><i><b>** Reward points if found useful **</b></i></u>

former_member335553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

For the IDOC - IDOC scanrio if you don't need any mapping

all you have to do is to import the IDOC structure

in the repository

and configure the directory

>>>>In idoc to idoc communication for transferring idoc from sap syst to xi ,at first we have to register sender syst to sld & then log on to sender syst create rfc dest,port,..etc ?at very first step what we have to do configure sld or any other?

Technical and business systems should be registered in SLD (SLD configuration has to be done priorly)