cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Content Conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is need for giving Content Conversion Parameters & File Access Parameters details during the configuration time in the declaration of communicatoin channel.Iam Confused a bit.

With Regards

Prasad M L N

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All answers are in the Online help itself.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/0b/9a50465ccf84479e39a6d50c90fb3f/content.htm

The various parameters are segregated and explained as per you see them in the adapter.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1) <i>need Content Conversion Parameters</i>

-

> If you don't use CC then by default file created at receiver and picked from sender is xml file ( exception is if your source and target is same). But if you want file to be picked as non-xml say text file then you have to go for CC in sender adapter. Same logic for receiver adapter.

2) <i>File Access Parameters</i>

-

> These parameters are used to mention the directory path from application server to pick file from and to create file at.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasad,

All the fields marked in asterisk are mandatory. So you should give all of them. If you are writing xml file then you dont have any content conversion.

If you are writing a fixedlength file then you have to give the fixedlenghts of the fields and endsepartor.

If you are writing a comma separated then fieldSeparator and the endSeparator.

This all depends upon your requirements.

---Satish

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<b>File Access Parameters</b>

Sender - shows from where to pick the file

Receiver - where to place the file

<b>Content Conversion Parameters </b>

If u want to parse files of certain non-xml format

<i>[Reward if helpful]</i>

Regards,

Prateek