cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file adapter configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am working on XI with very old SP's on it. In that if file to be picked up I am mentioning in the file adapter the source directory location and source file name. But I have seen in some of the scenarios which are explained in the weblogs .........some file adapters are configured without mentioning source file directory and source file name. Is it possible to configure the file adapter like that in latest SP's ?? If it is the case from which default location file will be picked ??

Even it is the same case with receiver file adapter ??

thanks

kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

><i>some file adapters are configured without mentioning source file directory and source file name.</i>

These fields are mandatory . You always need to fill them up.

With later SP's we have had featues like Multiple Files, Attachments with File adapters , Adapter Specific identifiers, but even then these 2 fields are mandatory and you need to provide valus to them,

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bavesh, Thanks for your reply ! Could you please explain in the below weblog how the scenario is able to work without mentioning source file directory and file name ?? Rather file adapter is able to pick different files with different file names also.

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/27/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-iii

thanks

kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

the link u said is not any scenario,moreover have a look at my previous reply and u will see how u can provide * inplace of file name and extension so make it generic

thanx

ahmad

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

u definitely have to give the source directory,but u can avoid the File name by givin * instead in place of file name and * as well in case of extension,

so if u give . as the file name ,this means any file with any extension in that specific directory

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

The directory and the filename is mandatory. So you should give them.

---Satish