cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!! I Can not deploy external library to the J2EE Engine!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to create a J2EE Library DC that contains a few jar files that I want to deploy to the J2EE server for usage by a set of test classes.

I created an external library DC, imported a jar file into the libraries folder, and added the jar file to a public part that has selected option "provides an API for Developing/compiling". I then built the DC Successfully.

Then I created a J2EE Library DC, and added the external library DC as a used DC, with a build and run time dependancy, and I created an entity reference to the external library DC's public part.

When I build the J2EE Library DC, the jar file are not included in the SDA file. Nothing I've tried can get the jar file to be placed in the SDA file for deployment.

Why is the jar file not in the SDA? What am I doing wrong? I've spent the last while reading everything I can find on SDN about j2EE Library DCs, and it seems that I'm doing everything correctly - or am I?

I'm running 7.00 SP9 . Can someone verify that a) my procedure above is correct, and b) that this does work under 7.00 SP9 ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

a) the runtime dependency from the J2EE library to the external library is not necessary and will be ignored during build. There may be a warning in the build log about incompatible runtime-types, but I'm not sure if that warning exists in SP9.

b) see Pascals latest answer regarding a patch for this issue.

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create another public part (for assembly) in your External Library DC and add the jar files to that. This public part will be picked up automatically by the J2EE Library DC build. You do not need to define an Entity Reference anymore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help!I tried,but also failed,the jar file can not be found in sda file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try removing and readding the Used DC definition. It's possible that the new public part is not picked up. I actually advise to define both public parts as Used DCs.

Message was edited by:

Pascal Willemsen

Former Member
0 Kudos

There's a bug in the SP09 DI_BUILDT which is fixed in patch 1 (SAPBUILDT09P_1-10003479.SCA). Download and import that into your track.

Note that this fix only works in track-based development. It does not fix the same issue present in NWDS when building Local DCs.

Message was edited by:

Pascal Willemsen