Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roles-mass deletion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I want to delete 90 roles at a time from my system,

How to delete roles ( mass deletion) apart from running scripts .

please suggest.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

SK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kamozzala,

As such there is no standard functionality in SAP for mass role deletion. What exactly do you mean by scripts: Is it CATT/E-CATT scripts. I mean in such CATT tool is a good option.

However there is another work around. Check OSS note 313587.

It contains code for a simple report. Just create it in the system by copying the code given in the text file. Please let the report name be Z_DEL_AGR . Nothing much to do.Just follow the instructions in the note. Once the reported is created and activated you can use it to delete the 90 roles of your choice.

Please award points if answer was helpful.

Regards.

Ruchit.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kamozzala,

As such there is no standard functionality in SAP for mass role deletion. What exactly do you mean by scripts: Is it CATT/E-CATT scripts. I mean in such CATT tool is a good option.

However there is another work around. Check OSS note 313587.

It contains code for a simple report. Just create it in the system by copying the code given in the text file. Please let the report name be Z_DEL_AGR . Nothing much to do.Just follow the instructions in the note. Once the reported is created and activated you can use it to delete the 90 roles of your choice.

Please award points if answer was helpful.

Regards.

Ruchit.

former_member190272
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can do it via CATT tcode SCAT and via TCode SU10.

Thanks

Pankaj kumar

0 Kudos

Hello Pankaj,

How will Su10 delete roles ?? It can at the maximum deleete role assignments to users.

Regards.

Ruchit.

PKing
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello SK,

I myself wrote a short ABAP code similar to the one from the OSS note but <b>added some coding in order to avoid deletion of all roles or some of the basic roles by mistake</b> and it works fine.

You should also add this to your coding and be very careful when executing the program (perhaps it would be best to secure it by a special own authorization object.)

Regards,

Petra

0 Kudos

It is little bit shame that SAP still does not have PFCG Mass removal t code or Standard Ecatt script or program

available to perform this house keeping tasks.

@SK ->> you will need to write ECATT script.

Max_Fenz
Explorer
0 Kudos

No need to shame:

Z_DEL_AGR did the job.

But now (2023) TCode pfcgmassdelete is your friend! 🙂

Cheers

Max

Hi Max,

was able to find PFCGMASSDELETE in our S/4 test system, but not in our R/3 system. Could also not find any KBA for this
t-code. Do you have any informations, if/how it is available for an R/3 system?

Best regards

Peter