cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning Areas

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I know, if a planning area has the data?

How to display the data in a particular planning area?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The best way is to create a planning book./ Data view, Add the Key figures from the planning area . you can use /SAPAPO/SDP8B - Define Planning Book

The characterisitics from the MPOS should show up in the selections and on loading should show the planning area data

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

yet another way is to use BAPI_PBSRVAPS_GETDETAIL2

But you should've got your Planning book/ data view in place to start with

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for some good responses.

I am trying to learn DP. I am following the exercises in the course book given in the SAP training class. but the IDES system I am using from my friend is not having data looks like. is there anyway to get this data or is there a set up problem? Planning Object Structure has some data but that is from jan-april of 1998 only. I am really in need of this data to progress with my practice. In the class it all went smoothly.

Thanks

SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

SD

wouldve helped if you had mentioned that earlier:) I think you are looking at a system that was setup for us long ago and had data at that time and now the time buckets have rolled on and th data has been left far behind... you need to update the new buckets with the old data

Please check the following

Go to /SAPAPO/MC90 and list down the characterisitcs. check if the selection you want to load data for is available

next go to the relevant planning area and check what date the time series is created for? You can do this by going to /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN

Its possible the IDES system was set up somewhere around 2000 and doesnt have data. You can copy the data from 1998 into 2007 by doing a Copy of planning area (Please see /SAPAPO/TSCOPY for this and read the relevant help)or just do a cut paste of the data in the planning book at an aggregated level. If you are not particular about how much the quantiuties should be just type it in or use the distribution function

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

If this is a DP Planning Area, then another way to check is to generate an export datasource for your PA (transaction /SAPAPO/SDP_EXTR) and then use transaction RSA3 (extractor checker) to check for Key Figure values for some combinations. You can find some suitable combinations to check in transaction /SAPAPO/MC62.

Hope this helps.