cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD Backorder processing - system behaviour unusual !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Here is the background:

Created a Sales Order with Material determination(Auto Product selection). Initially the stock was level for the main material was 3 and the order was created for 4.

System confirmed the 3 nos and delivery / PGI were executed.

After this, stock of 1 No was added and then V_RA was run to execute the back order. The system acknowledged the back order and also the receipt of the material, but it is NOT permitting the back order transaction to be carried out. The whole screen is in display mode .

Can someone help? Any thoughts please?

Note - There are no lead times in the Material Master. All associated calendars - Customer Unloading point, Shipping point, Sales Org set to 365 days working.

Materials created a fresh for this experiment so not reserved against any old orders.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kindly u do this go to the SO and double click n line item,Check the tab schedule lines there go to environment tab and check aval.check,

Inside avail.check click on total records at the top right side,

Check for which SO number stock got confirmed ,go to that give reason for rejectio and comebak to Your current SO,go to line item check the edit tab , check the item availability ,qty will get confirmed.

Rewards if it's helpfull

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

While thanking you the responses I think you have not really understood tha actual problem.

I repeat:

Created stock on 1 no. of Material M1 using TCODE MB1C

Then created Sales Order for 2 nos of Material M1 using TCODE VA01. System confirms 1No. in Av Check

Again add stock on 1 more no. of M1 using TCODE MB1C

Now do back order processing for the Material M1. Technically, now that stocks are available, the system should carry out the BO process and we should be able to alloacte the stock item to the Sales Order.

The Sales Order DOES show up on the list, but the system does not allow us to double click in the order and carry out a BO processing. However was able to carry out BO processing the next day !!! Why???? (Please see note below)

Note: The Material M1 has been created without any processing/ manufacturing lead times whatsoever. So the moment the material is placed in stock it must be available for processing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the Material determination condition record what is the Proposed reason that has been maintained. I think if the reason is 4, the system would try to proposed the new materail for the unfulfilled stocks.

Pls let me know if this is the case.

Mani