cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data flow from DP to SNP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to know how the data is flow from DP Planning book to SNP planning book, how the matching will be done i.e the forecast data is automatically get posted in same particuler coloumn of SNP planning book.

Plz give some elaborate information.

Thanks in advance,

Mustafa.a

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

From a technical point of view, you are copying data from liveCache time series objects to a forecast category in the liveCache orders.

There are two methods for releasing data to SNP:

(1) Online: You can release small amounts of data using an online transaction.

Transaction: /n/sapapo/mc90

For more information, see

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm41/helpdata/en/8f/9d6937089c2556e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

(2)In the background: You plan mass releases as background jobs that can then be executed when there is little system activity. For more information, see Releasing the Demand Plan with Mass Processing.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm41/helpdata/en/8f/9d6937089c2556e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

Hope this helps.

If you need further details, let me know.

Regards

Kumar Ayyagari

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

DP data is Time series data and SNP is in Order series

As Kumar mentioned mc90 would help you transfer DP data into SNP

also check the following link for more details

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/0d/429bcf38ee11d3982b0000e8a49608/content.htm

I can try to explain about how DP data matches with SNP on release:-

Data is stored in what is called technical periods. So depending on how you have your storage bucket profile configured your data would be stored and transferred.

Forecasts which are in a Keyfigure ,say ZFORECAST, in time buckets are transferred into Livechache order type FA in SNP.

So if you have a weekly time bucket in DP and a daily time bucket in SNP the data is split into seven (assuming you work all days in SNP) and each part of this demand is given the date stamp and transferred as a PIR to SNP

so 350 weekly in DP would become seven orders of category FA with quantity of 50 in SNP with a date attached to it (each day of the week)

One way of viewing SNP data is through the planning book similar to the DP. These are based on SNP planning areas

When you configure the SNP planning area you associate a Keyfigure gory group and this category group is associated to a set of order categories

9ADFCST is the KF and is associuated with DF1 which is associated with FA

So when you load data in an SNP planning book the KF basically aggregates the FA orders in a given time bucket and displays it against the 9ADFCST KF

If you can bring up the planning buckete profile of DP Planning book and SNP planning book to match you should be able to see the same data. If you have a different time bucket in SNP it should still be the same if the columns are added up

does that help?