cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mandatory fields in HCM Adobe forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a custom HCM adobe form and defined the process.I am using a generic service to populate the drop down values in the form. There are some mandatory fields. Even though selected the UI attribute "User entered Required" for these fields, the form is submitting without required field check. I know for PCR's this can achieved by QISR1 badi. But in HCM forms, the framework doesn't seem to be hitting this BADI. Any ideas on how to enforce mandatory fields?

Regards,

Sarita.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarita,

Well, after a small R&D in HCM forms, I found few clues that might be helpful for you.

1) Try creating an implementation for the BADI -<b>HRASR00GEN_SERVICE_BASIC</b> or <b>HRASR00GEN_SERVICE_ADVANCED</b> (<i>HRASR00GENERIC_SERVICES</i>).

And keep your validations and other stuff over here. For your reference, you can use the standard Scenario's BADI Implementations - <i>HRASR00_HIRE_ADD_FUNCTIONS</i> , <i>HRASR00_BIRTH_OF_CHILD</i> , etc.

2) You require to attach this BADI to our current scenario somewhere. Please check this config nodes in <i>SPRO - Personnel Administration - HR Administrative Services - Configuration of Forms/Processes - Configuration of Forms - Define Generic Services.</i>

I think you can get some clue for sure over here.

Sorry, was not able to help you clearly and fully, since we dont have HCM implemented in our current client. So please keep us updated in case of any successful solution.

Regards

<i><b>Raja Sekhar</b></i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sekhar,

I implemented the BADI you are talking about, for the drop down values. I also wanted to do validations there, but there is no way for me to know the events in this BADI. SAP is not passing sy-comm in any of the methods of this BADI. In QISR1, we had SCENARIO_PROCESS_USER_COMMAND method, using which you know the event. I want to know what button end user clicked on ( "Save Draft" or "Check and Send").

Thanks for your reply and time to research on this issue.

Sarita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarita,

May I know how do you implement BADI - HRASR00GEN_SERVICE_BASIC for dropdown values?

thanks in advance.

Regards,

Hui Pin

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi man......

go through these links..

http://www.sap.com/denmark/company/events/hrupdate/info/hcm_infodag_2006_flw_up.pdf

reward me points if it is helpful to you..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.It couldnt provide solution to my problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saritha,

you may script for it.

If you require i shall send you a doc related with it. You may also use the Adobe help to define the script.

Thanks and Regards,

Anto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

Could you please send me the script? I tried giving a scripting message. The message would get triggered, but the end user was still able to proceed without filling the mandatory fields in the form. My id is saritha1315@yahoo.com.

Regards,

Sarita