Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict Material Master View

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I have a role to view material master data which contains tcodes MM03 / MM04. I would like to prevent the users from viewing Accounting & Costing views.

Using object M_MATE_STA and the appropriate values in the STATM field this has worked correctly for MM03. However, via transaction MM04, change documents can be viewed for accounting and costing despite the restrictions in M_MATE_STA - I would like to prevent this.

Running system trace (ST01) I have found MM04 checks for M_MATE_STA, but never looks at the specific values in the field STATM.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so what possible solutions have you considered?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to OSS note 482261and follow the steps given it.It is valid upto release 4.6 C only.

Please check the SP level of your system.

If on higher release then see this note 303483.

Regards.

Ruchit.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you can create authorization object based on attribute, and include that authorization object in role.

Regards

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to OSS note 482261and follow the steps given it.It is valid upto release 4.6 C only.

Please check the SP level of your system.

If on higher release then see this note 303483.

Regards.

Ruchit.