Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registering a new technical system in SLD - ABAP based

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not able to understand the weblog what it mean by

"Registering a new technical system in SLD - ABAP based" whic is available in the below link /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/10/registering-a-new-technical-system-in-sld--abap-based

could you please anybody tell me the difference between

"Registering a new technical system in SLD - ABAP based" and "creating new webas abap technical systems in sld" using this particular procedure mentioned in the below link ?? http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/fa/0aad3efa11b300e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

thanks

kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

my blog shows how to create a WAS (SAP) technical system

your link shows how to create a third party (non SAP)

technical system in SLD

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I am sorry ! I have put the wrong link. The below link explains about the creation of new webas abap technical system.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/fa/0aad3efa11b300e10000000a114084/frameset.htm.

If I compare the above procedure with the one that you mentioned it seems both of them are different. Could you please tell me where I am missing ??

thanks

kumar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Michal in his blog shows how to register a technical system to an SLD Automatically. The procedure shown by Michal will contiue to update the SLD if any change is made in the R3 system ( a job is scheduled to send updates to the SLD ) .

In the case of doing this manually, you would need to update the changes manually by logging on to your SLD and the R3 team would need to intimate you of the changes made.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

There is the normal way to create a new technical system in SLD - use the wizard,

Michal Krawczyk show another way how to it without the wizard,

Both ways should get the same result

Liad