cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back order processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD gurus,

Can someone guide me for the Avail chekc settings for automatic Back Order generation and processing/

I am into a process industry. if the stock is not there then i want the system to convert my sales order to back order and give requirements to planning in PP.

How is this accomplished?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.,

Give your mail id i will sned you a doccument

Thanks & Regards

Narayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Narayana

Could you please send me the document.

kbhaskar.sap@gmail.com

thanks in advance,

Bhaskar.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manam,

my id is grusha_t2611@yahoo.com

Please send the document.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Grushat,

Backorder processing fulfills a basic supply chain management requirement, which consists in changing confirmed quantities and dates in the framework of the availability check (ATP check). Backorder processing enables you to reallocate an available quantity of one or more products (confirmed by the ATP check) to a quantity of selected requirements while taking requirement priorities into account.

The following functions are provided to support the Backorder Processing:

Defining the filter type to select backorders according to certain criteria

Defining the sort profile to prioritize the selected orders

Creation of the report variants for backorder worklist and background processing

Both interactive and background processing possible

Key Points:

Predefined filter type, sort profile and variants can be modified easily to meet user-specific supply re-allocation requirements

Visit the following thread:

Visit the following links:

http://www.sap-basis-abap.com/sapsd016.htm

http://apolemia.blogspot.com/search/label/atp

Reward points if this is helpful.

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Backorder processing

Using backorder processing, you can list sales documents relevant for requirements for particular materials and confirm them manually. You can assign available-to-promise (ATP) stock to outstanding order quantities. In addition, you can withdraw already confirmed quantities and reassign them to different items.

For e.g. you receive an order from a very important customer for material "A" but

the entire quantity of A is committed to another customer "B" via earlier sales orders and this is where BACKORDER processing helps you to change the committment and shift stock due for B to A. This is the benefit of this funtionality.

OMIH - Checking rule for updating backorders

OPJL - Define new checking rule

OPJJ - Define scope of check

V_RA - Backorder Processing

Data selection:-

Sold-to-party Customer code Mandatory

Sales Organization Mandatory

Distribution Channel Mandatory

Division Mandatory

Changed confirmed quantity :-

Tick the material you want to changed and click the Backorder button

Confirmed quantity that still can be changed are highlighted.

V.15 - Backorder List

Sales Organization Mandatory

Distribution Channel Mandatory

Division Mandatory

1. When a sales order is created by end user there is no material available.

I checked this by checking schedule line the confirmed quantity shows 0 qty at schedule line.

Soln: Backorder processing

Logistics-SD-sales-Environment-backorders-backorder processing-enter sales order number

2.END USER GOT A PROBLEM WHEN CREATING A SALES ORDER FOR MAKE TO ORDER

QUANTITY ENTERED IN SALES ORDER IS NOT PICKED AUTOMATICALLY AND IS ALSO NOT PICKED WHEN ENTERED MANUALLY

SOLN:- SOLVED BY GOING TO MM02 SALES/GENERAL PLANT VIEW

CHANGE AVAILABILITY CHECK TO INDIVIDUAL REQUIREMENT (02) FROM DAILY REQUIREMENT (01) IN MATERIAL MASTER

3.In the client site complete SAP system got struck by giving error: short dump

When creating a sales order it didn’t allow me to save any order

Soln:I solved it first by going to lt22 and came to know its due to short dump

Caused by S687 Infostructure

Goto img->logistics general->logistics data warehouse->updating->updating control->Activate update chhose sales and distibution

double click on u r infostructure radio button and select asynchronous only

synchronous is not recommended.

Here s687 is selected synchronous which gave the error.

4. When customer returned goods.client want to make a gate pass by which u can track the material returned or received

Soln: Go to Tcode LECI and enter the details about the truck like time,licence plate,driver and save & print it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ATP: stands for Available to Promise. It is the process of checking the available quantities of a material. The ATP quantity is equal to warehouse stock plus the planned receipts (incoming stocks). ATP takes in to account all movements into and out of the warehouse. If selected, it can check the stock examined for ATP that can be safety stock, stock in transfer, stock in quality inspection, & blocked stock, although the planned receipts & planned issues of the stock associated with ATP may be purchase orders, purchase requisition, planned orders, prodn orders, reservations, dependent reservations, dependent requirements, sales requirements & delivery requirements.

In Backorder Processing:

1) Change Committed Quantity screen, reduce the quantity in the Committed field (in the Sales requirements section of the screen) by the amount that you want to assign to other backordered items.

2)Choose Enter to display the updated requirements situation.

3)Choose Copy to confirm the data.

4)Assign the freed up quantity to the appropriate backordered items using the procedure described above for distributing ATP quantities.

regards

sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello sriram,

I do not want to take the qty of another sales order...I want the system to generate planned inde reqmt so that it goes to PP for generating process orders and based on the production time system gives me the next available delivery date or processes my pending delivery automatically on that date.

Please advise