cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSPM on iSeries: Could not detect database

Former Member
0 Kudos

I try to patch the Java Stack from SP09 to SP10 for Solution Manager 4.0 SR1 on iSeries.

I start the go.bat (JSPM tool) from a client Windows in a mapped drive.

The Software delivery tools Gui started but at JSPM Phase (enviroment check) it stopped with the following error message:

"Cannot initialize application data. Could not detect database. Check if running. Could not execute DMT command dbinfo with arguments Z:\usr\sap\S32\DVEBMGS32\j2ee\JSPM\config\DBINFO.XML. Return Code condition success evaluated to false for process java.exe for action dbinfo."

I see the trace log for DMT and I found this error message:

"com.sap.sdt.dmt.db.adm.DBOpenSqlDescriptor [Thread[main,5,main]]: Error during connect: "INTERNAL ERROR: Creation of DB2Driver object for registering with DriverManager failed."

May 21, 2007 6:24:19 PM [Error]:"

Could you please help me???

Thanks in advanced

Moreno

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moreno,

if your first attempt was to start JSPM via go.bat, then you might also have to correct BOOSTRAP.XML in directory /usr/sap/<SID>/<instance>/j2ee/JSPM/config/ before you can successfully start the go script on iSeries and then startgui.bat on Windows-Client.

Please have a look at

Regards

Guido

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All,

I started the JSPM with the iSeries connection (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/25/c45b4211aac353e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm) and the system return an error message for the enviroment PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE.

So I change the file BOOTSTRAP.XML as describe in this url:

and now the JSPM is started.

Thanks again

Moreno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If u are starting the JSPM for the first time, you have to do the following:

1. To prevent JSPM from automatically starting its GUI, in the /usr/sap/<SID>/<Central instance name>/j2ee/JSPM/deploy/param/jspm_config.txt file, change the /dialog/SDTServerConnection/SDTGui/launch property from true to false.

2. Run the go script on the IBM eServer iSeries host(with <sid>ofr after giving the user proper authorities) using the following OS/400 command:

QSH CMD('/usr/sap/<SID>/<Central instance name>/j2ee/JSPM/go').

3. To start the JSPM GUI, from the mounted share /usr/sap/<SID>/<Central instance name>/j2ee/JSPM directory, run the StartGui script. The JSPM GUI appears.

4. In the Host field, enter the target IBM eServer iSeries host.

This will start the JSPM Gui....

Hope it helps.. Let me know if u have any questions...

Thanks

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You might want to check your JDBC driver configuration and make sure it is still correct. The error you are seeing is related to the JDBC driver. It might be the wrong driver (Native instead of Toolbox) or the driver cannot be found by the application or maybe something else altogether.

Kolby

former_member235924
Active Participant
0 Kudos

For iSeries you need to run the go script on iSeries and then start the StartGUI on the Windows machine.

Check out this link: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/e7/ca302225ba4673a0ad804703b01737/frameset.htm and select the JSPM.

Hope this helps,

Ingrid