cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Career Prospects in SAP xMII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want few suggestions from you guys. I am basically a Java Professional. I have 2 years experience in Java, and now, I have been working in SAP xMII for only 1 n half months. I find xMII very interesting. Can anybody please tell me about the career prospects in xMII? I am thinking of proceeding in this line. Do you people find this as a sensible decision? If yes, then how should I proceed? Any kind of suggestion or information regarding this is most welcome.

Thanks in Advance,

Lipsa.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also agree. At ASUG in Atlanta there was a very large xMII presence. And from what Ryan and I see there is a lot of work in the consulting environment. Definitely a viable career option.

sufw
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I agree with Ryan - I see lots of demand for xMII skills, and the product is pushed considerably by SAP - I see a reference to xMII in every second SAP PowerPoint presentation (ok, maybe that's a slight exaggeration...)

I also think that some knowledge/proficiency in the technologies surrounding xMII will be very useful. Some examples of this in the SAP space could include XI/PI, Enterprise Portal, ERP, CAF, Visual Composer, etc. Some understanding of MES concepts and products would also be useful.

In my opinion, a broad knowledge of the above would help since xMII is an integration product and thus has touch points to a variety of other (non-SAP) systems...

But I guess a lot depends on how xMII is implemented...

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is booming to say the least. Where are you located? Shoot me an email.