cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

input field with F4 help in table

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the table, I have a input field with F4 help. The table is bound to the context. I am trying to populate the input field MARM-MEINH from the vlaue help. When I try to choose a value for the alt. unit of measure from the F4 help for the input field in table control, I get the ASSERTION_FAILED error message. Please help me fix this problem.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthikeyan,

For table control, if you want to have F4 on each and individual cell then associate the search helps for all the attributes of the context node which is bind to the table.

i.e. For the attributes of the context node which is bind to the table, change the attribute Input Help Mode based on the requirement. For more information regarding Input help mode refer the following link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/3d/e53642e2a3ab04e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Once we do the above steps means associating the search help to all attributes then F4 help automatically comes for the editable cells (like InputField UI elements in table).

We can also have dropdown for every cell in table. Like you can associate the Dropdownbykey or dropdownbyIndex UI element for each cell of in table. in WDDOINIT we can write codes to populate the dropdown values.

But note that dropdown will be only visible when we have some records either blank or with data in the table control otherwise dropdown will not be visible.

Please check SALV_WD_DEMO_TABLE_F4 WDA Program. This demo program from SAP has something similar to what you are looking for.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Darshna.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had to set the cordinality of the table to 0..n in the context and append the table with some dummy records.

Thanks to everyone who took their time to reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assert conditon fail, is the error that you generally get when you have cardinality related problems. Kindly check the cardinality of the table..it should be either 1..n or 0..n and the cell UI element should be INPUTFIELD.

The Input help Mode property in the context attribute ( for the column for which you want an F4 help) of your node, should either be:

Automatically: For the system to judge for F4 help.

Dictionary search help : For providing explicit search help.

OVS: Created Object value Selector.

User defined Programming: If you have integrated some external component as a search help.

Hope this is helpful for you.

Cheers!.

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Every time you open/Close F4..WDModifyView of the corresponding View is called.

I think U need to code somehow there .

Regards

Kishore

shwetars
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Karthik,

I feel the type of the search help exporting parameter and type of your table cell context attribute don't match, that's the reason you get the error. Perhaps you need to check the associated search help.

Once you select a value in the F4 help when the framework tries to write this value into the input field its failing.

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthikeyan,

I don't know if this will help u ( because i'm new in this stuff too ).

but i just want to share this things about using input helps ( may not answered your question but hoping will increase some knowledge or have any meaning on your on going task ..etc )

The WD4A allows you to define different types of input helps :

1. Automatic assignmnet by the WD4A framework ( automatically).

2. Assignment of a search help created in the ABAP Dictionary.

3. Assignment of an OVS search help

4. Assignment of a user defined search help.

Input helps are defined via the input help Mode property of the context attribute to which the input field is bound.

If you select the automatic assignment of a search help (automatically ) when assigning the input help mode property of the context attribute, the WD4A framework first determines whether an ABAP Dictionary search help is available for the field. If not, the framework determines whether a check table a table that contains permitted values for a field- is assigned to the field, which will the be displayed. Finally, the values from the domain of the field, which can be provided as an input help, if they are available.

If you select the dictionary search help value when assigning the input help mode property, the name of the ABAP Dictionary search help to be used must be assigned to the dictionary search help property. you can create an abap dictionary search help in the abap dictionary ( se11).

the use of OVS and user defined search help requires the knowledge of how to define component usage.

at runtime, the availability of an input help is indicated by an icon next tothe input field.

ive got this froom a book.

may it will help you

best regards

Indah Puspita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to Darshna Thole and Indah Puspita for their replies.

I know how the input help works in general in WDA.

I got the F4 help working for the table cell already. The thing is that I get this ASSERTION_FAILED error. I am able to get the F4 help, in my case its the list of unit of measure values, when I select a value from the F4 help, it is not returned back to the field and I get this ASSERTION_FAILED error. I hope I am clear with my question.

Thanks,

Karthik