cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

html Gui not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear eXperts,

i want to enable sap gui for html. For this i've activated the following services from the transaction SICF:

1). /sap/public/bc/its/mimes

2). /sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui

3). /sap/public/ping

Also, on se 80->utilities ive set Integrated ITS under the publish tab.

after that i've also published "webgui" and "system", as complete service.

now when i try to Test the service in SICF, the browser says:

=================================================

The Web site cannot be found

The Web site you are looking for is unavailable due to its identification configuration settings.

Please try the following:

• Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

• If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

• Click the Back button to try another link.

11004 - Host not found

Internet Security and Acceleration Server

=================================================

note:

• I've set the domain controller's IP as alternate DNS!

• I've checked the parameter value, and the host name is also correct.

I don't understand where i've made a mistake. Please help me!

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Muzammil,

You should start with note 808347 or 816973 to diagnose where the issue is.

Edgar

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your help Everyone, the issue is resolved.

the problem was that i was able to ping through the IP address but the not through its hostname. What i did was included the hostname in the proxy exception list, and enabled all my "/sap/public/bc" services (cuz previously they were partially enabled as prompted by the browser) and it worked!!

PROBLEM:

=========

Now im able to logon on, but I am encountering a BIG security issue. When i "Exit/Log off" from the SAP system from my html gui, it says "Logged off successfully"- However when i refresh the page it takes me to the main screen of my user without prompting me to login again 😮

Can u guys help me over this too Please ?

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

glad thats resolved.

Log off.

check this thread

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick replies !!

@Durairaj:

The browser is showing the correct link since im going directly through the "Test Service" from transaction SICF.

and yes, i do use the proxy server to connect to the internet. I've tried blocking the Domain Controller IP in the Proxy Exception list, and what i assume by "ABAP host" is DEV (in my case ) so yes, i've tried placing that in the exception list too but none is working

@henning:

Im sorry but im a newbie, and i don't know much about icman.However ive tried eliminating the DNS and proxy server too...but the issue is still there.

I've also tried disabling my proxy in total, but no result.

@problem:

Well, i would like to share some thing important here. We have enabled the web gui for Production server, and its working fine. but I'm unable to access that either from my system.

former_member185704
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the ITS/ICMAN/WEBAS located inside of your local network and accessed by a local IP address? If yes: Can you configure your web browser to avoid the proxy for local connections?

Do you use the right host name? (Can you try to use the IP instead of the hostname? Would this work?)

Can you ping the host?

Do you use the right TCP/IP port? (Is the proxy blocking the TCP/IP port?)

Do you use the proxy server only for caching network activity from/to the internet?

- Henning

former_member185704
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muzammil,

> 004 - Host not found

> Internet Security and Acceleration Server

I would recommend that you should start with trying to eliminate the proxy server (ISA) or DNS server as a source of the error. The error message you see is coming from the proxy, not the ICMAN or the ITS.

So it is absolutely not clear if it is an ITS problem you have here. Maybe it's a problem with ICMAN, maybe with your proxy (ISA). Is there a way that you can avoid the proxy to have direct HTTP access to the web application server?

Can you log onto the machine where the webAS/ICMAN/ITS is running? You could try to telnet to the ICMAN.

Best regards,

Henning

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when you test it whats the url you see in the browser?

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

11004 - Host not found

do you connect to internet via proxy server , if yes, did you put your abap host in the proxy exception list?