cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Record Count of Lines in the Reciever Txt file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am Working with File to Idoc Scenarion. Where I have field "Record Count in the reciever. Where the total number of lines in the reciever file has to mapped with the field and the file to be recieved to the destination.

eg:Each Idoc that we receive, 2 lines are written out, one starts with BATHDR, the other is SECPTY.

There is also then 1 extra line, the header line. I looked at a bunch of iFiles, and it seems to be if we knew the total # of idocs for a given payment run, the total # of lines we would output is:

( ( #ofIDOCS * 2) + 1).

With this observation can you advise on the action to be taken for the out put.

Thanks ,

Manoj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am Working with Idoc to File Scenarion. Where I have field "Record Count in the reciever. Where the total number of lines in the reciever file has to mapped with the field and the file to be recieved to the destination.

eg:Each Idoc that we receive, 2 lines are written out, one starts with BATHDR, the other is SECPTY.

There is also then 1 extra line, the header line. I looked at a bunch of iFiles, and it seems to be if we knew the total # of idocs for a given payment run, the total # of lines we would output is:

( ( #ofIDOCS * 2) + 1).

With this observation can you advise on the action to be taken for the out put.

Thanks ,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hay Manoj,

Don't know if you can do that since you don't know how many IDOCs you get before you got all of them.

so option one: you could change the IDOC to send one IDOC with many items in it and then simply count the items in the IDOC and then you have your output number.

option two: you could process the idoc only every once in a while and then select from the IDOC tables how many new IDOC arrived and do you calculation.

Uri.