cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Data Manager: Possibility to export images and PDF separately?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is the possibility to export images and PDF through the data manager (File > Export... and check Images/PDFs).

Do anybody know a possibility to export only images or only PDFs?

Thanks for any help!

Best regards, Melanie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have imported images from Data Manager; but its not using File>Import; It was done differently. What I did was selected the Images table from the drop down table & select the Data Group where the image reside and then selected the image and then right click on it > and select "Save Orginal To Disk" ; and provide the path to save the image. That's it; you are done.

I havent worked with PDF, but hope this will be the same procedure for it also.

And I even found that this is working only for one image at a time; You cant select all the images at a time, its giving an error.I hope we can do much better.

CHARAN

Lead, Follow or Get out of Way

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers!

The export should be from the products table. I only want to export the attached images to a certain amount of products.

Do you also know another way to export the variants of images?

With File > Export there is only the possibilty to export PDF and a selective image variant - not only a image variant. (The PDFs have a high data volume - I don't want to export them a each time.)

Best regards,

Melanie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Melanie,

I again think you may have a good enhancement request for SAP. Not sure why the images and PDF's are combined together on export. If you try to export out the Original you will get both the Original Image and Original PDF. If you do not actually need the original image, but could use a variant instead, you can just select which variant to export. Just leave only the required variant selected under the "Images/PDFs to export" tab in the export menu. This should only export out the image since the PDF shouldn't have the selected variant. You can also export out the image variants in a similar fashion from the Images table itself.

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

PDFs have no variants. If I export only one of the image variants, always all the PDF (in original size) are also exported.

Thanks for your answer.

Melanie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Melanie,

I see your problem. Sounds like a bit of a bug that should be fixed. Unfortunately I don't have any other options that I know of.

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Melanie,

You can export out images and PDF's separately from each of the different tables themselves.

I'm guessing you may be trying to do this from the Products table? At this point if you are trying to export out Original images and Original PDF's I understand that you will get the combination of each. Is it feasible to do it from each separated table, or are you trying to do this at a product level? Not sure off the top of my head if this is possible. I can see where it may be an issue.

Thanks,

Tim