Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condition index creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Please help me in the issue mentioned below :

I have created a condition index ( using SPRO ). This has created a sap table kotf*** and some programs like RV13****.

Now when I am running tcode V_i7 using my index, I am not getting any values.

The reason is , sap table created KOTF*** is empty. My doubt is :

1) How will this table get records. ( Am i missing some customization steps in SPRO. Shall I need to write a program for data entry).

2) Is 'overviews' step in SPRO mandatory before 'maintain condition index' step of SPRO.

3) Please specify if some other setting are required.

Thanks in advance.

Anamika

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anamika,

After creating condition index have u reorganized that index.

Reorganization means updating an index with current data. The following are examples of when this might be required.

After you create a new index and generate it, you want to fill the index with the current data in your system. (This also applies if you choose to activate one of the standard condition indexes).

After you specify that condition indexes should be updated for a particular condition type, you want to fill the indexes with the corresponding condition records that already exist.

since the system has to read all the relevant condition records, reorganization is automatically submitted as a background task.

The activation function displays a list of all available condition indexes and indicates which are active. The system can use a condition index only when it is activated. Before you can use the indexes that are delivered in the standard version, you must first activate them in Customizing for Sales. Some indices are activated automatically during generation. In addition, you must specify one of the following index updating requirements for each condition index:

Requirement 1: The index is updated when the user provides data for all fields in the index

Requirement 2: The index is updated when the user provides data for at least the first index field

You can specify for each condition type whether or not the system updates the condition indexes when you post condition records. In cases where updating condition indexes may not be necessary - for example, with freight- and tax-related condition records - you can leave the condition index indicator blank.

To select condition records using an index:

Choose Logistics ->Sales and Distribution -> Master Data from the main menu.

Choose Conditions -> Select using index and specify whether you want to change or display condition records.

A dialog box displays the condition indexes that are currently available.

Select the condition index you want to use and choose ENTER.

You reach the screen where you enter selection criteria.

Enter your selection criteria and choose Execute.

The system displays a list of the condition records by condition type for the selection criteria you entered.

Hope this will help.

REWARD IF HELPFUL.

Regards,

Praveen