Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CI include modification by customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have added two fields to an empty CI include. However, the customer has decided to create an append instead. How can I get rid of the fields in this Customer Include now?

Thanks and regards.

Anuradha

20 REPLIES 20

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Will it not let you save/activate an empty structure?

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Hi Rich.

Yes, it does not allow that.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anuradha,

You can simply select the fields in SE11 and click on the scissors to <b>cut</b> them from the include.

When you click on activate it will ask you whether you want to adjust the related database table. Click on yes and the database table should be activated also. BE CAREFUL HERE AS THE WRONG CLICK CAN DELETE YOUR TABLE DATA. if these changes are in production apply this change with special care.

Sometimes this activation can cause problems, in this case you may have to manually activate the individual objects which use the include directly.

Cheers,

Brad

Just adding, I was assuming the include was for a database table. If its not, then please disregard to warnings with regard to losing your data.

Message was edited by: Brad Williams

0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

I CUT the fields off the CI include (its included in a structure and several tables) and saved. It showed me a log indicating that all tables were adjusted. Further, it prevented activation with the error message that the include has no fields. This include is called CI_CSKS.

I am tryin this in a customer development system.

Regards,

Anuradha

0 Kudos

Hi ANuradha,

Perhaps the best way is to restore it to its original state. It probably had a field like DUMMY in it (this is the way they are often supplied by SAP).

Go to Utilities->Version Management from SE11. Select the orginal version (maybe be worth displaying it briefly to confirm this version is ok) and then hit restore version.

With the restored version, hit save, and then hit activate. You should now be able to activate the structure and the dependant tables.

Hope that helps.

Brad

0 Kudos

Hi Anuradha,

I can't remember I need to check it but don't have the system at the moment. I think these CI structures get created only when you add a new field to it.

In that case it should be possible to delete the CI Structure using SE11 and still the CI structure should keep on appearing in the relevant table.

Thanks,

Ram

0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest that you delete the structure from the repository using SE11 transaction. This will not affect the original table anyways, as you have created the CI include. As once you have activated the CI include the system would not allow you to have a blank CI include. If you try activating it would throw errors on the empty CI include and would not activate the table.

After you have deleted the structure from the repository go to transaction SE14 and adjust the table.

So, delete the CI_CSKS from the repository and then adjust the main table CSKS using the Database utility application (Transaction SE14).

This should solve your problem.

Hope it help, Debasish

Message was edited by: Debasish Pattnayak

0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

You are right that this CI include got created only when I wanted it(since no one had added any fields to it before) and it didn#t already have a DUMMY field like Brad ois suggesting. Infact, I looked at the table MODSAP which has a list of such CI includes and the ones which are not used yet, do not exist yet either.

But I fear deleting this include totally as it might then not appear at all in the tables, structures where its included by SAP!

Is there a way of confirming ?

Best regards,

Anuradha

0 Kudos

Hi Debashis,

This include is included in some 10 structures and 1 table and am not sure where all these structures have been included. So, its not just CSKS which would need re-adjustment.

Still not convinced about deleting it from the repository. Isn#t there an SAP recommended way of going about it ?

Best regards,

Anuradha

0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

This include didn#t exist before I created it. So it does not have an 'orginal' version unfortunately.

I will write to some SAP colleagues and try to determine the recommended way of doing this .

Thanks a lot.

Regards.

Anuradha

0 Kudos

Hi Anuradha,

I just recreated this scenario in my system.

The advice you have been given by others is correct, you can just delete it from the dictionary. Here are the steps you follow (I just did this so I know it works):

1. Go to SE11, type in CI_CSKS in the data type field and hit delete

2. A warning screen will popup, on this screen click again to delete the structure

3. You will get an error for the activation of the database table CSKS

4. Display the table CSKS via SE11

5. Select Utilities->Database Utility

6. Click activate and adjust database (make sure radio button is selected for <b>save data</b>)

7. Popup will ask to confirm, click yes

8. Click back, table will be active

Problem solved.

If you follow this your problem should be solved.

Cheers,

Brad

Message was edited by: Brad Williams

0 Kudos

Hi,

Well, if you have created the CI include, then you can delete it aswell. If there isn't a genuine requirement for keeping the CI include in the CSKS table, then it should be the same for the other structures and table as well.

I still believe that deleting the CI include should be the best solution. But you can definitely look for better solutions and share it with the group.

Regards, Debasish

0 Kudos

Hi Anuradha,

Don't hesitate in deleting that and I am sure I must have done it in the past many times.

In case you need some more confidence..

it's same as implementing FM enhancements ( user-exits ) where you create the Z Include at the time of implementation but that include is coded there from the very beginning in the Function module.

Now if you want to revert you can delete the Z include.

Further, I am sure it won't but if it does create a problem then it will be SAP's responsibility as how come they allowed it to be deleted .

And still if your company decides to award you a paper of pink color ( gals like that ) for doing this....you should not worry if you are in India.. there are plenty of jobs out here:-)

Cheers,

Ram

0 Kudos

Sorry, but one last question : do you still see the empty CI_INCLUDE included in the table (and in the structures which had it initially) ?

Regards,

Anuradha

0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you would still see the empty CI Include in the main table. And when you double click on it, it will ask if you would like to create the include.

Debasish

0 Kudos

Yes,

Can confirm what Debasish says, the include is still in the tables and structures (as initially delivered by SAP).

When you double click it asks you whether you want to create the include.

I understand your caution anuradha, but GO FOR IT MAN!

Brad

0 Kudos

OK, I'll correct Brad if that helps.

GO FOR IT LADY !!

0 Kudos

Oops!

Sorry anuradha.

Nice one Ram. 😄

Brad

0 Kudos

Thanks Brad,

You know what, I am good at pointing these type of mistakes.

Cheers,

Ram

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.