cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI error on specific machine

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus,

On some of my users' machine, they are facing SAP GUI errors. How to trace that problem. Is there any log/trace file that gets generated??

Thanks and Regards,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to Logonpad>click on top->option--->Activate

Check this box if you want to define and activate a network trace (SAPGUI trace). For reasons of security and performance, you should only activate the trace options to diagnose the system.

When you choose this option, you can select the trace level that is used. If you select level 2 or 3, an additional log file is generated that records all incoming data in an encrypted binary code.

--Sreejesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

how to activate trace, Sreejesh already wrote. Just to add, you'll find the resulting .trc files in your sapworkdir.

I would recommend you start with level 1 (errors) or 2 (errors & warnings) as with 3 (everything) you'll get too many (unnecessary) entries.

View the trc files in any texteditor you like and check the messages. May be you'll get a clue...but it takes some knowledge of SAPGUI to interpret everything. Usually trace is for SAP support as the messagebox informs you when you activate it!

Peter

--

Points always appreciated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi peter,

will you please let me know about the steps involved for activating the GUI trace, and how to study it??

Thanks and Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

you can activate the GUI trace in Sap Logon - Options. But if you explain <b>what errors</b> your users get the forum may help you

Peter

--

Points always appreciated