cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS- Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to copy data back from our production system to the test environments using TDMS in order for the business users to work with cleaner data.

But we need to avoid the copy of the production configuration to the test environments. Is there any feasible solution so that we can copy only the master data, transactional data of production system and not the production configuration?

I would appreciate if you could help us with information regarding the same.

Thanks,

Dany

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dany,

SAP has ALE technology that can be used to achieve your requirements.

There is some work involved in the setup, defining the master data you want to move across, setup the partner profiles, partner ports, RFC profiles and schedule the jobs. But this way you can move selected data across the systems.

Check out the following link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/0b/2a6cdd507d11d18ee90000e8366fc2/frameset.htm

Regards,

Nisch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for your reply. We are already set up ALE functionality between two different systems for transferring master data.

This requirement is specifically for using the TDMS. Do you have any inputs or suggestions on the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The previous message for the ALE was for Nisch.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dany,

System copy will not give you this option but using client copy with profile SAP_APPL you may achieve this.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

What we are trying to achieve using TDMS is to copy

For Example :

System A Client 110 to System B Client 110. Just to confirm, Is this also called a client copy?

The requirement is not to copy the configs of System A to System B. We need only the master data and transactional data.

Can we achieve this using the profile SAP_APPL?

Thanks,

Dany

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

Can you please let me know more information on profile SAP_APPL by which i can do the client copy on different SAP systems without copying the configuration.

Please let me know any more information on this profile.

Can you please refer to my queries below as well.

Thanks,

Dany