cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scenario & Understanding question regarding track connections

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Suppose I have two tracks A and B which are connected between them (A is the source track) and that the SC in track B depends on the SC in track A.

Suppose that the SC of track A has been released with new version which is waiting in track B's development tab and suppose I have successfully imported the new release of this SC into track B.

My question is what happens at this point at all the developer's NWDS which has track B in their clients as Development configuration? Will a simple refresh be enough in order to import the new active SC of track A or do they need to re import track B completely?

Roy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

A Sync of SC A's DCs in track B's DevConf is sufficient.

Regards,

Pascal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pascal, but how the suppose to know that unless someone literally told them? Isn't the environment suppose to announce you to do that?

I've noticed that if I close the NWDS and open it again I get a pop up saying there is new version once I log in to DevConf but what if other developer is currently working on Track B's SC?

Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will only get that popup if the track was changed, not if you transport an SC over a transport connection.

I suggest to perform a Sync Used DCs before every build DC.

Answers (0)