cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Adapter Polling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

what is the minimum duration that i could provide as Poll Interval in FTP sender. Is "0.1" a valid entry or could it be only integer value??

Thanks,

Greg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can put 1 milisec in milisec field

also:

<i>"Poll Interval (msecs)

Additional waiting time in milliseconds.

If you set Poll Interval (secs) to null, processing times will be short and close to real time.

If you set Poll Interval (secs) and Poll Interval (msecs) to null, the adapter is only called once."</i>

from

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>If you set Poll Interval (secs) to null,</i>

Actually i have to write "null" or put a "0" there??

"Poll Interval" is mandatory

Message was edited by:

Greg Collins

former_member335553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

sry it is a time based polling so some value has tobe entered. let us get idea from some friends here

Message was edited by:

Anusha Ramsiva

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

come on... it's not that hard to find out...

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member335553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Poll Interval (secs)

Number of seconds that the adapter must wait if no files are found for processing.

u can choose milli secondsfor Poll Interval (msecs)

Additional waiting time in milliseconds.

If you set Poll Interval (secs) to null, processing times will be short and close to real time.

If you set Poll Interval (secs) and Poll Interval (msecs) to null, the adapter is only called once

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anusha,

>>>>If you set Poll Interval (secs) and Poll Interval (msecs) to null, the adapter is only called once

if you copy and paste something from a web page

please <b>always</b> include it's source

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>