cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Gui Recorder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

Can someone give me a background on the SAPGui Recorder (Menu option - Script Recording and Playback) off of the customizing of local layout toolbar.

Specifically I like it because I can capture test scenarios into VBScript files then run them in Compuware's TestPartner (functional testing tool)which uses the MS VBA language. This allows me to utilize the business users to capture test scenarios without having TestPartner installed on their machine.

I guess my main question is, is it available on every users WinGUI and will it be a feature for the forseable future?

thx.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Christian_Cohrs
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

the recorder is part of SAP GUI and we do not plan to ever remove it. For my own testing however I usually use the external recorder that you can get at https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=00200797470000050367 when you follow the link

"Workshop sample: Simple recorder application written in Visual Basic".

In this tool you can see the script while it is being recorded, so you immediately notice if there is any problem.

Best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christian:

The link to get the standalone recorder seems to be broken. Is there any way to get this tool?

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

José E.