cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Confused Jdbc Sender Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I configured a Jdbc->RFC asynchronious scenario. The first time, I could load data from the DB table. But, after that, I only got message like:

5/21/07 5:04:04 PM Processing started

5/21/07 4:44:04 PM Processing started

5/21/07 4:24:04 PM Processing started

5/21/07 4:04:04 PM Processing started

5/21/07 3:44:04 PM Processing started

5/21/07 3:42:41 PM Processing started

5/21/07 3:40:41 PM Processing started

5/21/07 3:38:41 PM Processing started

5/21/07 3:36:41 PM Processing started

5/21/07 3:34:41 PM Processing started

in Communication Channel Monitor.

During the period, I changed the poll interval from 60m to 600 m. There's no error message in this monitor and no message in sxi_monitor.

Could anyone tell me the reason? Thanks.

Best Regards

Golden

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no error message becase there is no error.

There is not data in XI because there is no data in the table that satisfies the sender JDBC adapter's Select Query.

Make sure that data that matches the select query is available and then the data will be picked by the Sender JDBC adapter.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kantilal,

You're very right. But the problem is that there're available data that matches the select query. I've tested the query in DB table side and got the right answer. This's what makes me confused.

Thanks + Regards

Golden

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Golden,

Can you try to make some dummy change on the sender JDBC adapter and try this once again?

Also just to confirm, can you copy the select query from the sender jdbc adapter , and then execute this copied text from the Sender JDBC adapter in the Database client?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thanks for your remindance. I've tried this and it seems to make no difference. I tried the copied text and execute it successfully.

Whatever, thanks for your help. Any other suggestion or advice is welcome.

Thanks + Regards

Golden

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One final shot~

1. Copy the name of the Communication Channel.

2. Delete this communication channel and then recreate another one with the same name and / or another name check if things work.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help. You're so hot-hearted.

But, unfortunately, this also made no difference after doing this way. But, I found that "Neither the messager server nor the application server can be reached for R/3 system "

What's more, I'm always feeling this is a system problem. Maybe some configuration is changed or some other error bring up this problem.

So unimaginable!

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Log on the Comm Channel Monitroing, what is the duartion of the polling interval it shows? Try to check the timestamp? Does it confirm to the polling interval you have given in the sender JDBC adapter?

if no, then it implies there is a error , wondering why?

<i>Retry Interval (secs)

Number of seconds that the adapter is to wait before a SQL statement processed with errors is processed again.

<b>If no value is specified, the value from Poll Interval (secs) is taken instead</b>.</i>

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/7e/5df96381ec72468a00815dd80f8b63/content.htm

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good suggestion.

As I mentioned before, at the begining, it showed as below:

5/21/07 12:44:46 AM 7dfdf930-05b8-11dc-ad38-001125394fa4 Polling interval started. Length: 60.0 seconds

5/21/07 12:44:46 AM 7dfdf930-05b8-11dc-ad38-001125394fa4 Processing finished successfully

5/21/07 12:44:46 AM Processing started

But now it only shows:

5/21/07 8:30:09 PM Processing started

5/21/07 8:28:09 PM Processing started

5/21/07 8:26:09 PM Processing started

5/21/07 8:24:09 PM Processing started

5/21/07 8:22:09 PM Processing started

5/21/07 8:20:09 PM Processing started

5/21/07 8:18:09 PM Processing started

From this interval, it seems right. But it shows different. This is confusing.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Golden,

if you note the polling interval now it is basically 120 seconds instead of youactual 60 seconds.

If you read the excerpt i have pointed above this is due to some problems in the Select / Update Query in the Sender JDBC adapter. Can be an Authorization issue as well.

What I would suggest is to ask youtr DB adming team to look into the DB logs and try to help you out if there is an issue when trying to read data fromt he database . Maybe they have a hint.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you create the sender JDBC communication channel <b>with a different name</b> and change the Sender Agreement accordingly and give it a try

Kindly let me know on the outcome of this approach.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great!

The problem is resolved this way. Unexpected!

I'm wondering the functionality of XI more and more......

Why there're so many "silly" problem???????

Whatever, thanks the help from all of you. Thanks.

Regards

Golden

Former Member
0 Kudos

Golden,

May be its time you raise a OSS note to SAP regarding this. Faced a similar problem back a while and the only work around that worked for me is this way.

May be SAP can tell us why this happens.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Message was edited by:

Jai Shankar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I facing the same issue as described above.

There is data in database and query is running fine. I checked nwa/locks and restarted the java service for JDBC adapter, restarted the channel multiple times, created new channel and replace the old channel in ICO with new but nothing helped.

I am still seeing message Processing Started only.

Do you think anything else can be done to resolve the issue?

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you said, for the first time it worked and later on it is not working, could make any difference of the DB data between the first step and the second one? Could you please check if the flag variable used for selecting the data is properly set to get some records selected?

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

It should show as

5/21/07 12:44:46 AM 7dfdf930-05b8-11dc-ad38-001125394fa4 Polling interval started. Length: 60.0 seconds

5/21/07 12:44:46 AM 7dfdf930-05b8-11dc-ad38-001125394fa4 Processing finished successfully

5/21/07 12:44:46 AM Processing started