cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware requirement for installing SAP on Windows Vista

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am planning to buy a laptop. It's coming pre-loaded with Windows Vista. I would like to install ECC 5.0 (or higher version) - IDES on it. I will also be accessing my client's SAP system from home.

Please let me know the hardware requirement for the laptop if I wish to do all the above mentioned tasks. I know Vista recommends 2GB RAM for itself. So what should the configuration be like, so that I can use the laptop with ease.

Thanks in advance,

CMV

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as <b>there is no support for windows vista</b>, you'll not need any hardware requirements....maybe in the near future sap will support vista (as a server operating system..sapgui 7.10 is supported to run on vista), but right now you'll have to choose another os like windows 2003 server

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the clarification!!

Do you mean to say that I cannot install IDES in Windows Vista??

You said, sapgui 7.10 is supported to run on vista. Does that mean, I can install the GUI and then connect to the SAP installed on another machine?

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, this means that you <b>can not install any sap server based products on windows vista</b>...only the client product sapgui 7.10 is supported to run under vista...and yes: you can then connect to any running sap system...

GreetZ, AH