cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design recommendations for SolMan 4.0 with high availability requirements

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are going to manage 3 logical systems (R/3, CRM, BW) out of one separate SolMan 4.0 installation.

My question is: How should we provide the SolMan 4.0 availability for the logical systems

even if the SolMan 4.0 system would incidentially go down

?

Are there any recommendations on how to design and run a "Backup SolMan Installation" with an automatic switchover capability?

Thanks in advance for sharing your expertise. - Heiner Göhlmann

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Basically it should be the same as any other combined ABAP + Java instance, however, if you have SolManDiag implemented there may be some additional tasks to take care of.

Check http://service.sap.com/ha

--> Media Library

--> HA Documentation

how to generally set up a combined ABAP/Java-Instance.

Also check under "Switchover" the guide for XI (which is also a combined installation).

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

your naming the "Switchover" the guide for XI, to me it is a new source of information in this topic - thanks.

The other sources have already been checked. And your "there may be some additional tasks to take care of" is what makes me searching for more information.

Heiner Göhlmann

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> The other sources have already been checked. And your

> "there may be some additional tasks to take care

> of" is what makes me searching for more information.

I'm not sure if anyone @ SAP has officially thought about that yet (means, a HA SolMan). I'd setup a test environment and see if you get any specific problems during switchover and in case there will arise problems I'd ask the support for a solution.

--

Markus

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No further interest in this topic.

0 Kudos

Hi Heiner,

To my knowledge non of SAP products truly rely on SolMan. It's not used for core processing.

There are some situations in which SolMan is of greater importants. For example: you use the SLD on SolMan for other business activities, you use end user functionality of SolMan like helpdesk, you have SLA report agreements, etc.

If you have more questions, don't hessitate.

Kind regards,

Sjoerd Lubbers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sjoerd,

exactly that what you call "some situations" is the case here. SolMan will not only be used for helpdesk and monitoring of SLA report agreements but also for change management and a centralized job scheduling system. Therefore a proven backup technology with automatic switch-over capability becomes much more important than it has ever been before.

Thanks, Heiner