Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B2B Scenario (????) Help

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All

We have a req which was given very short. The invocice details are to be validated in a screen and are to be posted into R3 (Client's customer). I hope this makes a B2B scenario. Need your suggestion in how to goahead with this req. Initiaaly i thought of having some websrveice consumed and using either HTML client or EP the user can vlaidate the invoice data and post to R3 of the clients custmer. Kindly adivce on this and also link me to some useful docs adresing a similar scenario.

thkx

Prabhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm doing the same scenario right now

it doesn't matter what kind of a scenario it is (b2b or a2a)

what matters is how you can do it

- store invoice details in a table

- build your validation application which will uses those details

- if everything is ok - you will have a post button on your screen

that simple

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi michael,

thkx for ur inputs. Since it had to do with posting the invoice acorss the business i was confused on how to handle this. Just to clairfy more on this, shud i use any EDI adapters (!!!????)....my question might sound very silly and i havent worked on this kind of scenario of posting to other business. Can you point on how this scenario can be configred and what kinda of adapters to be used here....

thkx well in advance.

prabhu

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>EDI adapters

depends in which country you work

in mine you don't need to use EDI adapters for EDI (as we use WS for it)

Regards,

michal

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<b>>>>(as we use WS for it)</b>

what is WS? and can u confirm if we req EDI for this kinda scenario if we are going to post doc in R3 sys of the clients business partner?

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

WS - web service

>>>>and can u confirm if we req EDI for this kinda scenario if we are going to post doc in R3 sys of the clients business partner?

depends only on country regulations and the process flow

Regards,

michal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Scenario will be similar to any other A2A scenario only communication protocol is critical (as businesses are in different networks so you can arrange this either by using Https, SFTP or any third party adapter)

As suggested in previous post use EP/webpage to validate invoice (you can also store data in temp database with flag) on click on "confirm" buttom you can initiate update query to update "Validate" flag and then JDBC will come into action to post invoice detail. For transport outside your customer's network either use Https or secure FTP or Seeburger AS2 adapter.

If there is any direct RFC connection between your customer and his client's R/3 then it will be pretty easy.

Do revert if you need any clarification....

Regards,

Gourav

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thks michael and gourav

can u fwd me some docs on this which wud help in a gud start???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

I am sorry, I don't have any standard doc for your requirement because as stated earlier there is no difference in A2A and B2B scenario.

>> Validate invoice data.

- Use either ABAP report or webpage to display UI for user.

>> backend for invoice data

- If using abap report then ztable else any database table.

>> Send invoice data to customer.

- If you have any RFC destination for customer's client R/3 then you can import Idoc/RFC directly (I am assuming you are going to post Idoc in R/3).

--- Create JDBC-XI-Idoc (RFC) if you are using web GUI

--- Create RFC-XI-Idoc (RFC) if you are using ABAP report with ztable.

-If you don't have any direct connection with your customer's client then it is now tricky. Proxy/firewall comes into play.

--- Agree on common stepping stone which is accessible via both party.

--- create JDBC-XI-File (or HTTP) scneario.

--- Post file into customers R/3 either using RSEINB00 or any other ALE method.

--- You can also use AS2/AS3 adapter from Seeburger for communication.

Regards,

Gourav