cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to prevent other users to send mails from SAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our test system is a copy of the prod. We could not deactivate the mail job because it is also used by solution manager. So how can we prevent other users to send mails from SAP?

thanks,

krbas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello K Bas,

Just ensure that they dont have authorizations for SAP office- transactions SBWP and SO01.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Ruchit.

Would this also prevent the those automatically generated mails to vendors, suppliers & workflow related mails from being sent?

thanks.

krbas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi K Bas,

Point here. Well this wont curb that movement I think.

Well in order to answer the question I would like to know what kind of mails are beng sent via SOLMAN.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

Since solman is now part of OSS (in ecc5), users create their questions/problems from the test system and this is sent to the solman via sapmail. solman will then send it to OSS. (this is how it was explained by our basis consultant).

rgds,

krbas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi K Bas,

Then I will suggest trying this option out. In SCOT select the node for SMTP (depending on if you are using standard SAP node). Double click and a push button will come Now in the pop you will have option for Internet with a push button SET besides. Please go there. In the next screen you will find a filed for Address area. Now in this field give the value as *.sap.com

Using address area you can decide to which e-mail addresses is the mail sent to. Since the OSS message will go to <abc>@sap.com that is why I have suggested to use *.sap.com

I mean if you want that mails should be sent via SAP only yahoo mail accounts then you will give value as *.yahoo.com only. Same thing needs to be applied for SAP.

Try this out and let me know.

Please award points if solved.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ruchit.

It solved our problem. Points for all of you.

rgds

krbas

Message was edited by:

K Bas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello K Bas,

Thanks for the points.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190272
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

e-mail, fax or paging/SMS via SMTP configured in the SAP Web Application Server & Which prerequisites and settings are required outside the SAP system?

Brodly there are five steps to configure

1. Profile parameters

2.User administration (transaction SU01)

3. Client assignment (transaction SICF)

4.SAPconnect administration (transaction SCOT)

5. Settings on the mail server (SAP-external configuration)

For step by step visit smtp configuration guide at

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/2b/d925bf4b8a11d1894c0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm.

Rewads points if helpful

Thanks

Pankaj Kumar