cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem in creation of divisions.what is the necessity of multi ple divisio

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi in my organization we are manufacturing some plastic products for vehichle parts

but some are for doors some are for arm rest and some are for roof

annother way we are also doing garnishing jobs for some company

and for some rail company we are making bath room doors so

my queastin arrises here

how many divisions i ve to creat as my products are Build to Order ans some are locally sold as per order and some are export to outside so how many divisions i ve to creat and

if multiple divisions are there why the need of multiple division

can anybody give me the exact definition of DIVISION

regards

subrat

subratpanda23@gmail.com

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Subrat,

From the FI perspective if you look at, the business area is maintained on the combination of a plant and division. This falls into the FI domain.

Now, understand the type of products you are selling. Plastic manufacturing in general is your industry, but a sales guy who goes for a rail company for bath doors may not be the same going to a construcntino place for selling doors related products. better you have a separate division for them. In the sense depending on the customers you re targetting try to have divisions.

eg ; for a dress shop -- division can be like

boys 1- 16 yrs

girls 1-16 yrs

male

female.

the advantage is the shop can better focus on its products now. This requirement of better focussing determines how many divisions do you want to have.

By def. Division is a group of products having similar attributes.

Pl reward if it helps.

Thanks

Sadhu Kishore

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can amyone give me the solution to my email address moh_nr@yahoo.com

Our client needs a high level SAP SD resource ON SITE to do a feasibility and estimation project. Basically they need to come in and determine how long the actual project will take. Below is their issue:

Per the client:

"When entering a sales order, there are 3 attributes that need to be assigned. The attribute in question is the "Division" attribute. We want to merge the multiple division attributes into one for future sales orders. Currently the division attribute is assigned separately, for example, "ABC" line products and "XYZ" line products are assigned a different division attribute. We want to combine this attribute into one "123" line. Apparently, this change has a domino effect on multiple other areas that also need to be changed to maintain the systems integrity."

They are looking for a person to evaluate this project and estimate the number of people hours and what types of people (expertise), to make all the necessary changes for this to be a successful project. The deliverable would be a project break down regarding what steps need to be taken, what resources will be needed, and ultimately how long the project would take.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subrat.,

Division is nothing but product range,There is hard & Fat riule to create many number of divisions,If totally depends up on your client requirement.,

Feel free to ask any queries

REWARD if helpfull

Thanks & Regards

Narayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

narayan i could not get u.

i mean to say i m in this situation of ordered material manufacturing

as per my client suggest i m manufacturing the products

so how to defne division

like if maruti is one client he is taking 5types of product and australian raiulway is one client he is taking 10 products and lothers are still there so how to segreegate the division

wat is thge necvessity of creation many divison is it help me in pricing master wilkl it help me in custoermaster or how why we will creat many divisions.

I M HAVING 4 PLANTS AND FROM THEM F TYPES OF PRODUCT COMING OUT SO SHALL I CREAT DIVISION AS PER EACH PLANT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

PLAESE4 FEEL FREE TO CHAT AND SOLVE THE PROBLEM

subratpanda23@gmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi .,

Sadhu is correct.,

Narayana