cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Macro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am working on creating an alert macro in Demand Planning.

The Planning Book has 3 Key figures A, B and C - while key figure C is an Auxillary key figure.

I have a macro that populates key figure C in following way.

C = A/B

I want to create a alert macro which will give me an alert when key figure C goes above "50". This macro will run as a background job.

However the problem is auxillary key figure doesn't save value in liveCache. I was wondering if there is any way I can create alert macro and still use auxillary key figure C.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks,

Sanju

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanju,

Create the macro and it will generate an alert for A/B <50.

Auxiliary Key Figures can be used in forecasting and <b>macros.</b>

Even though they are not stored in Live Cache or database.

Check this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/ff/4d573935472237e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

<i>"""""Key Figure Attributes Tabstrip

On the Key figure attributes tabstrip you define the attributes of specific rows in the planning book. When you create a planning book, this tab is available only in Display mode. The tabstrip is available in Change mode when you edit a planning book.

On this tab, you can create auxiliary key figures that are not saved in the planning area but can be displayed as rows in interactive planning. For a self-defined key figure, you can specify that it is saved to the database. <b><u>You can use auxiliary key figures in forecasting and in macros.</u></b>

In demand planning you cannot save auxiliary key figures. (In SNP you can save to the database)

On this tab page you can also specify that a key figure refers to a particular version. In this way you can work with different versions of one key figure in the same planning book. Note that the attributes for version-specific key figures are taken from the original (version-independent) key figure, so that it is not possible to change the attributes for version-specific key figures. The version number is added to the key figure description."""""""</i>

Kindly close the threads, If you are satisfied with the answer.

Regards

Kumar Ayyagari

Message was edited by:

Kumar Ayyagari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

Thanks for the quick resonse.

I am referring to the following comment.

"In demand planning you cannot save auxiliary key figures. (In SNP you can save to the database)"

I am working in Demand Planning, so does that mean I cannot use auxillary key figure for generating alert in DP but I can use it in SNP?

Please let me know what you think.

Regards,

Sanju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanju,

The MACRO ( be it an ALERT MACRO or a regular MACRO) does work for an auxiliary KF.

Regards

Kumar Ayyagari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

Thanks for the reply.

Given the fact that we cannot use auxillary key figure to calculate any macro in DP, I am not sure how to create a alert macro that will create alert when A/B > 50.

The macro that I created has following logic:

Aux Row Element (from macro workbench) = A / B

IF Aux Row Element > 50

THEN "Add to Context" Alert

ENDIF.

Is there any other way, I can write this logic without using Aux. Row Element and Aux. Key Figure.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Regards,

Sanju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanju,

I dont know whether you have misunderstood or may be I am not clear in my communication.

Let me restate- <b>YOU CAN CREATE A MACRO( C=A/B) for the AUXILIARY KF and as well write an ALERT MACRO( C>50) which should work as per your requirement.</b>

The only thing which will not work is when you take a backup of the LC, the Aux KF will not be included. I guess you know this already.

This is a very simple macro step.

My suggestion would be that you create it in Development Client and test it out for yourself.

If you need more help or the steps, let me know

Or else kindly close the call as soon as you have tested in the development client

Regards

Kumar Ayyagari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have created an Alert macro as per the logic in this thread but when I go in Alert Monitor, I see only few alerts. The problem is Alert is not generated everytime when the C>50.

I tried using C as Aux KF and once also as a regular KF (that can save value in LC).

This is very simple macro but I am not able to solve the mystery. Please advice.

Thanks,

Sanju

P.S: I am running a background job for alert macro.