cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labelfor issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

When using field labels(Inputfield with a label using labelfor functionality), the label will get the caption entered in the "medium description" attribute field for that object in R/3. How can I change which value for the label to get? Is the "medium" field always the one fetched, or can I change the label to fetch another field somehow?

Best regards, Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When u use apply template and create form the the label will get the caption entered in the description ttribute field for that object in R/3.U can change the text property of the label .Then u will get the description what u have given for the label and not the desc of the inputfield.Is it text u wanted to change or thge value itself???.Even if u cange the label for property of a label to some other input field the label gets changed.

Regards,

Sowjanya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sowjanya and thank you for your quick response. I do not want to hard code the values for my fields, I want to use the ones in R/3. However, the text popping up from the backend is the medium description attribute value for the text object in R/3. I would like to update the label properties to get the values from the function module instead.

Best regards, Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can bind the Label.text property to a context attribute that gets its text from the model.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

When u import an RFC simple types get created in the local dictionary .it will hold the medium description in the fieldLabel.Since simple types that get created when the RFC is imported cannot be modifiable .Either u need to change the label here or in the backend.

Regards,

Sowjanya.