cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping network or FTP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on IDOC-XI-File scenario where I would be using FTP as a standard but is there any possibility if we can use Network mapping. I mean client's current system is on network mapping. They map the folder to the XI server and pick up file from there.

If anyone has any idea please let me know what are the -ve and +ve points to use network mapping. And is there any differenet way to acheive the same in XI.

Regards

Rinku

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any comments on this...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rinku,

File adapter supports 2 protocols "NFS" and "FTP". FTP is to have a FTP program running on a separate server and your File adapter reads/writes data into that folder.

If you are going to use NFS, the file has to reside on XI server (application server). You can map a remote folder as a network drive in your XI server and use this option.

I would recommend you to use FTP instead of doing this.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Thanks for your reply....Why would you recommend for FTP. Is there any advantage over NFS...

Regards

Rinku

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>By using NFS, you are allowing read/write access to XI File server. This is not recommended. If you need to access the folder in a remote location with out a FTP, then you might consider the option of using a decentral J2Se adapter engine installed in the remote folder location.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks jai